Dutch harness horse drama. Update major mare/ foal neglect Nov 2023 post 1782 Update Kate Shearer responds post 1930 Nov 25/23

There was nobody to see it, other than me, my friend, and maybe a bear. I was afraid to ask!

1 Like

I’ve seen western riders do that to get their horses head down and behind the vertical. Even on trail rides I’ve see them doing that, and also the dreaded ‘back em up a mile’ crap.

7 Likes

That’ll for sure engage that curb and encourage a “headset.”

Maybe she thought it made her look cool. Maybe it gave her a greater feeling of control.

2 Likes

Just popped in to add that I used to show a bit on the Arab circuit. The last show I went to (early 80’s), I watched the western pleasure horses warming up. They were wearing a running martingale made to be so short that their noses were literally between their front legs. When they take it off you get the frame in the pictures posted above.

2 Likes

OMG Kate. Your total ignorance and [bull] is amazing. Prove I am anyones employee, [edit]. Bring it on with me. Photos tell the story, and be prepared for a counter suit. Id love a good payday - seeing as you say I have no assets. Girl, keep burying yourself.

12 Likes

So have you found a new place yet in Aiken SC to try and set up shop??? Praying all of the Savvy Horse People have been updated. Guess you will be still trying to pass the Bar then in SC??? Guess you have to finish school first. Hope those poor GSP’S eventually find a better home

6 Likes

She thrives on pretending to be a lawyer among other things. She has screwed handlers in the dog show world as well. And she’s looking to move to Aiken SC!! Spread the word so the reputable Horse people know the truth.

9 Likes

I didn’t see this on her FB page, but it totally fits the pattern of KS basically getting run out of every town after a year and bouncing around the South.

Obviously she’s never going to write any bar exams anywhere.

12 Likes

She was in a horse group in Aiken asking for a place… Lord help anyone up there that gets hooked up with her

13 Likes

Do you have a Bad Boarders and Barns FB group up there? You could link to this thread. Or link it to the Aiken chat group.

9 Likes

She posted in Aiken Area Equestrians.

1 Like

Someone needs to just post a link to this thread. Sometimes you can post as anonymous user on FB

7 Likes

Also link the one on hunters/jumpers.

5 Likes

I’m going to go try and find the post!

2 Likes

Do refer people here; https://forum.chronofhorse.com/t/opinions-on-dhh-crosses-for-jumping/789934https://forum.chronofhorse.com/t/opinions-on-dhh-crosses-for-jumping/789934

There are photos and posts that anyone contemplating becoming in any way involved with Kate Shearer should be aware of.

11 Likes

Saddest part of this journey for me is that Kate has harassed to the point of crazy the owner of this filly. She has downgraded people who give service, the ability of active military people to be a good parents. I have it all in screenshots. Threaten to sue the foal owner because of my words. She has threatened me (that didnt work). Out of respect for the owner I have totally deactivated my facebook account - which pisses me off but only temp. YOU ARE A BULLY. Your day is coming - take me on. $$ - Id truly love to share the SS of your bullshit. When the foal is back to the owner then it really is between you and me <3

11 Likes

Don’t make me start sharing screenshots now.

5 Likes

Why is the foal not in the care of its owner now? I’ve tried to follow. Maybe I missed

2 Likes

I think it was posted earlier that the owner of the foal is a member of the US military on active deployment at the moment, but I won’t swear to it.

11 Likes

Ok that gives me perspective.

3 Likes