Dutch harness horse drama. Update major mare/ foal neglect Nov 2023 post 1782 Update Kate Shearer responds post 1930 Nov 25/23

WAY behind, but I had to laugh at your post and the risk of a donkey. I have a Lusi/Hannoverian, pretty darn talented, closing in on GP but i do think his ears are big, and we laugh about it regularly.

8 Likes

I would beg to differ. Both of mine are with Sporthorse trainers in California and both owned by amateur owners that show them. Most laidback of them all. The taller one got backed and they just hopped on no worries in the world etc. again it is all about the right crosses. And actually two of the horses I posted above are by grass kelly(the one with Jessica wisdom under saddle) and evie my broodmare. Both very laid back and quiet! Again it’s easy to get a horse up but most Arab people bred to majesteit and it did not work as amateurs couldn’t ride that much movement.

3 Likes

Not sure if you will find any satisfaction with something I post but sure…she’s won about everything in hand at multiple shows but hey yes you are correct from behind your laptop. Lol I just text the owner for another video she posted of third ride under saddle but I can’t save it from fb.

3 Likes

Thank goodness mine have national in hand too! Lol :slight_smile: And Scottsdale.

1 Like

National what? Sport horse?

Padme aka Phorce Awakens KG went to sport horse national this year and went top ten 2yo with Hannah Finch who is her trainer. Pandemonium KG won at Scottsdale. Feel free to check up on everything as I’m sure you will. This is Chanel’s third and last cross to Jaleet here in 2023. She’s at Scott Gonyaw who owns Malik El Jamaal which I’m sure you know if you’re in the Arab world. He intends to use her for his breeding purposes for future years. My Chanell was bred for the halter ring 18 years ago and under Battaglia. She adds that touch of pretty to the bigger harder Dutch movement. It’s been an incredible ride with her but I felt she should get another chance to produce something beautiful and I couldn’t imagine a better person to do that then with Scott

2 Likes

Here is the Reba x Chacco blue colt from 2022. He was late bred and born October so didn’t go to the keuring but he’s stunning. He is owned by a trainer from Michigan/Wellington and is “Schacco Latte KG” .

3 Likes

Here’s her video with her third time under saddle. She has been kicked back out to grow up again before being restarted at mid 3

6 Likes

So they are… prepping and riding in a frame a 2 year old? That’s a thing in the dressage world? Granted this horse looks older than two but western saddles and pads can hide a lot (and weigh a lot) but I still find that irresponsible :frowning: I couldn’t image trying to ride my 2 yo, because I couldn’t imagine having her this prepped and in a frame from ground work alone at that age.

19 Likes

And here we go….I do not own the horse. And yes it is done in Europe with all 2yo to do 60 days then kick them back out. And yes this is a 2020 filly Pandemonium KG. From my first foal crop. If you want to talk training go elsewhere. That is not the point of this as I will protect my clients to the end of the earth. You will not target them. You can go after me but I will not allow it on my clients

5 Likes

Not in the educated and responsible dressage world. It’s disgusting.

19 Likes

It very much happens with all overseas horses at the end of their 2yo year you better believe they are on them. As I have no say in the riding of this baby as she sold as a weanling I will not let you all pick out a single horse and client and attack them. Remember this whole post was about attacking me and I can handle it but I will not allow this to continue if you start going after innocent horse loving amateurs

3 Likes

You clearly don’t know the Dressage forum. And you clearly don’t understand how a discussion forum works if you think you can police the direction of the conversation or what posters are “allowed” to talk about.

39 Likes

Oh, really? What do you plan to do?

If you’re that agitated over a post, I suggest you go elsewhere.

23 Likes

I don’t see any reason to bash the owners of a horse that aren’t here to defend it.

21 Likes

No, it does not happen with “all overseas horses” or “all 2 yo horses in Europe” and even if it did, that doesn’t make it right or worthy of doing. I’ve lived in Europe (on the continent, excluding the UK for this convo) for 8 years now so I do have a clue. Specifically re DE, NL, and BE. Sort of bugs me when people say Europe because it’s not a country, is a continent and practices differ across the continent.

If a client did something I didn’t agree with, I wouldn’t feel a need to protect them, nor would I feel a need to bash them either. No one is free from criticism though.

19 Likes

You’re being super hostile with people that deserve it and with people that are just asking questions. Perhaps you could differentiate.

20 Likes

Lady I don’t know you from Eve and have no idea who you are IRL, nor do I know your clients. I asked a question, it was answered. You posted about 20 pictures and videos in a short period of time, a day after you claimed you were no longer posting here, so that’s on you. This is a discussion board and as many a member has found, you the poster do not get to drive the direction of the discussion.

39 Likes

I actually take back my previous comment. I’ve lost interest in this. Too much cray :rofl:

17 Likes

Ok phew, I’ll go tell my 2 yo she still has time then! :laughing:

5 Likes