Feed suggestions for Sweet itch/neck worms?

I always heard Equimax, and used it double dose twice. … not straight ivermectrin.

1 Like

As my comment said, most do DD Equimax, and then switch to DD ivermectin, but some get results right off with DD plain ivermectin.

The giant thread on this has all kinds of scenarios that worked for people, so it’s not all that black and white. Just generally, people seem to have the best results if they start with DD Equimax, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try plain ivermectin

From the big thread on this, people seem to start a few weeks before noseeum season starts, since that’s generally when NTW microfilaria also start their movement.

I also don’t know if you should start right off with DD ivermectin, or would likely be ok with single doses. You might need to comb through the giant thread unless someone else who has done that has some info on what worked for them.

Yesh, I’m sorry I wasn’t clear, I ment doing the double Equimax first the 2 weeks apart, then using Ivermectin for the rest of the season. I just wasn’t sure on the timing. Much of what I’ve read is people starting it after the horse is already itching. Mine was making herself bleed and scratched on everything and anything possible anytime she was awake. Nothing I did could break the cycle, I didn’t know about the worming thing until the very end of the season. Thats why i want to get ahead of it as much as possible this year. I gather alot of it is going to be played by ear as we see what happens this year and how she reacts. I’ve seen where some worm every 2 weeks, 4 weeks, once a month, every other month, double dosing each time, or only one dose … 🤷

I can’t seem to find the big thread, only mentions of it.

Here you go!

I was only trying to support your thread. Sorry you took it otherwise.
Generally no need to be defensive.