Unlimited access >

Fly mask recommendations

've had good luck with the Bucas zebra print mask with ears.

I don’t know anything about that one but I’ve heard many good things about the Kensington Catch Mask for the Houdini types.

Where oh where can I find this?? Looking everywhere for a catch mask with ears or ears and nose - recommendations anyone?

Shires, hands down! The one I got comes with a zipped nose piece that you can take off/on. It is all structured which was important because my old fly mask fell on my horse’s eyes. The most important feature is that it is stretchy material around the jaw so it doesn’t impact them and it is super secure. The fly mask stays very secure on my horse as its well designed and put the horse’s comfort into the design.
https://shop.shiresequestrian.com/p/full-face-mesh-fly-mask-with-zip-off-nose?pp=12

Another vote for Cashel Crusader with ears.

I like the idea of fringe as a way to keep flies away from the lower head but I’ve never seen a mask with fringe where the fringe is long enough to protect the muzzle against sunburn (my boy has a white nose down to the muzzle). Unless there’s a mask with fringe long enough that I don’t know about?

Edited to add: OOPS I did not notice that this thread was 3 years old! The date next to recent posts said March and I though “17” meant March 17 (since it didn’t say 2017). I’m just now getting used to this new format…not sure how much I’m liking it :confused: