Footware help....after injury.

I thought I’d check back in. I had the local tack store order me the Ariat Terrain in C and half a size bigger than my normal size. They are wide enough for my foot, a little loose in the heel and I will need to get some inserts for more arch support (which I expected). I wore them for a few hours today and will see how the old foot feels tomorrow. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

You need to find someone who can fit you with custom orthotic insoles and then buy boots or tennies which will accommodate the insoles. They will almost certainly have to be a lace-up style.

Edited to add: I posted before I saw your most recent update. You did exactly right. Ariat Terrains are my all-time favorites and I have tree pair. Now you need to get appropriate insoles custom made to your feet. These aren’t cheap, but you can switch them from one pair of shoes to another. Because of the injury to your foot, you will need something tailored to you because I can guarantee the shape of your foot is no longer “normal.”

Ooops…see you’ve found a solution. Best of luck. Wide feet with issues can be quite challenging.

I just wanted to check back in. The Ariats are a good fit, especially as far as wideness goes. I saw my foot dr and he would like to inject my foot and prescribed custom orthotics. I’m going to hold off on the injection and will start with the orthotics.
Does $350 sound like a standard price for custom orthotics?
Also, because the boots are wider than normal riding boots I found some safety stirrups I really like. I had tried the Sprenger and did not like them. I ended up getting KY Foot Saver Safety Stirrups.

Interesting, my final solution was to get Ariat Men’s boots. About a 1/2 size larger than my normal size and laced so I can adjust the fit.

As for orthotics, that is pretty much a going rate. I have custom orthotics, but they are so bulky that I bought a bunch to try from the insole store, and I think that I may prefer some of them to my custom orthotics, especially the powerstep with metatarsal pad.

I have not had any custom orthotics made yet, but have been using some that my chiropractor recommends/sells. The price sounds about right.

Thank you both. IFG, I will look into those orthotics. But I think custom may help me the most, since my two feet are different.
I have smallish feet, the Ariats are wide and a size 6.5 C. Normally I wear a 6.