Unlimited access >

Found a used trailer I like out of state, now what?

That is currently my problem. The trailer was a PM from a ISO, she hasn’t listed it and has me + 2 others all ready to buy the trailer. I am first in line, so I need to be sure I have all my ducks in a row when I go to look/purchase.

She was able to talk to her bank and has agreed a cashiers check is fine, so we are on our way to a new (to me) trailer hopefully.

9 Likes

Hooray! Good luck!

I never post on this forum but read all the time. I just logged in for the first time and the username is not what I had but it doesn’t matter. Lol I know it’s way late and you might have already bought the trailer but beware if the trailer has been near the coast lines. I bought a trailer from ga sundowner and it came from Alabama. I had it three years before I decided to sell it since I hardly ever used it. I got an inspection done before I was going to list it only to find out the frame underneath was rusted BAD and wasn’t safe for hauling. It would’ve cost me what I paid for the trailer to possibly fix it but without them actually going in it could’ve been even more. I sold the trailer as a mechanic special for a lot less than I paid unfortunately. Just my two cents.

2 Likes

How’d the trailer looking/purchasing trip go for you yesterday?

This likely has less to do with being on the coast, and more likely your sundowner was in the years where they had frame/powder coating issues. These issues are well documented now, obviously not at the time.

1 Like

I bought it! She was able to take the cashiers check and we were able to bring it home. It was exactly what we were looking for and everything checked out as expected.

9 Likes

What years are the bad powder coating years? I found a trailer that’s just what I want. It’s a 1995 Sundowner. The guy says no rust, good floor, etc. but y’all the price is low for what it is. Always suspicious to me!!!
Thanks!
Huntin Fool

I’m honestly not 100% sure. It was the steel frame aluminum skin trailers.

If you google it, there are threads on trailer forums about it. My old trailer was an 02 and WAS in that bad frame period.

1 Like

I think it was 1999- 2008 for the Sundowner trailers.

2 Likes

Thanks, y’all!

1 Like