Fulkerson Procedure on knee

Well I had it yesterday. So far I have nothing good to say. :lol: I’m probably just a weenie.

Keep your chin up DLee, my bff had it and she said it totally sucked during the pain part (omg i broke my leg!) but now she is better than ever, and she rides cutters and reiners as well as novice eventing type stuff in lessons.

best advice: take your pain meds on time, don’t let the pain train get ahead of you.

Thank you. I needed that tonight.

I hope the pain meds work and you can sleep through the first days. Ice packs really help, too…

Oh, wow, what was fast!! Awesome!! :smiley:

Do keep ahead of the pain definitely. I kept the pill bottle and a pop tart on my nightstand for those nights in the beginning.

Your impression sounds similar to what my Orthopod for my hips said to me. He said the day after surgery, “you’re going to wish like hell you never met me!” :lol: I knew he was the guy for me right after that. Great personality and a sense of humor. Not bad for a trauma surgeon I thought.

Thanks for that Grataan. Nice to know a horse person is happy w/ the results.

If I ever find an insurance company to take me maybe it’ll be my turn. Keeping up my weight by slowly adding more and more metal to my body! Yay!! :winkgrin:

Keep us posted DLee!! Take care and have a great holiday!

An update (mostly for AMD)… I’m getting there. I am back to riding and have not had knee pain the last few times (actually I didn’t even remember it, so that must be good!).
Still rebuilding muscle, I cannot believe how fast muscle goes away (and why fat lingers) and how hard it is to rebuild.
I’m starting, starting, to think it may have been worth it. I’m four months out, doc says 6-9 before it’s totally okay, so I’m still hopeful.
I cannot kneel on it now, not sure about squatting (still just bending over to do a leg wrap). I can crawl through a fence and get up on the other side. :slight_smile: Yay for that!