Unlimited access >

Fully Custom Boots

Anyone look at the Romatelli boots? I see ads pop up and the boots look beautiful but I have seen them in person. They now have a shop in Ocala at the new equestrian center.

I have a pair as do many of my friends. THey are lovely. Fit is wonderful. So many options! THey are very soft and most folks I know do not use them as daily-use boots. Their store is out at the World Equestrian Center.

Celeris are the only custom boots I would ever buy. They are super comfortable and the sizing is fully custom. They last long and wear well

1 Like

I’m glad to hear the positive comments about Dehner’s - Omaha, NE is only an hour and a half down
the interstate from where I live. My current boots are over 15 years old and starting to fray in places (they were good quality but not the most expensive) So I have been thinking about going with Dehner’s since I’m a bit hard to fit, too - (small size 7 foot with 15 1/4"" in calves)
I really don’t care what is “in style” - as long as they fit and last a long time.

1 Like

I bought a beautiful pair of brown Dehner’s off eBay. I don’t know what I was thinking because never in any world would they fit me. They’re stunning. If you’re interested, PM me. It sounds like they could fit you.

I don’t have any recent experience with Dehners because my boots really did last a long time, but if you’re that close to them, I think being able to get fitted directly and to be able to work with them directly would be a huge advantage. I am sure they still make excellent boots. The only problems I know of people having with them are just from being poorly measured.

1 Like

I just got a custom pair of “vegan” Alberto Fasciani schooling boots. They’re very comfortable, w a running shoe sole and footbed, and absorbent soft inner lining. The outer of the boot has a grippy inner panel. I wanted something waterproof and easy to maintain. Comfort, fit, and durability are most important to me. I have small but wide feet, large calves, small ankles. AF vegan training boot

2 Likes

What a very kind offer - thank you so much. However - I would need black ones. . . . but maybe someone else would like to take you up on your offer?

I was also thinking that being able to get fitted in person would make a huge difference. And they’re not far away so if there was a problem it wouldn’t be hard to contact them.

I have 1 x pair Vogels and 3 x Dehner. Oldest pair bought in 1984 are Dehners. Life of the boots depends largely on the materials you chose for them. REALLY hard wearing for Hunting and touchy feely inside panel for dressage. I found Dehner to be the best wearing. I was measured for both Brands by the same person and the Vogels came big. I usually buy leather soles then put a rubber sole over the front and metal plates on the heels, and replace them over the yeras.

While I am not tall, I do have a wide footbed. I started out in Dehners and everytime I try another brand, I am greatly disappointed. I have learned the hard way that Dehners fit my feet the best.

I’ve still got my Dehner’s from the same time period. Black domestic calf dress boots. I didn’t take really good care of mine, but they are still wearable! Bought another pair about 15 years ago, black field boots, french calf.