Unlimited access >

Garage tiles for barn aisle flooring?

Bummer. Thank you for the experience! Stall mats are such a PIA but, horses are horses!

Wow!! Thanks I’ll definitely shop around a wide mileage range

:nauseated_face: :grimacing: ouch

I have been wanting to put a different surface down in the aisle of my shed row, and really like the ground rubber surface at my local Firestone shop. My guess is it’s recycled tires? I haven’t gone so far as to really pursue it, but will once I win the lottery.

3 Likes

It is so very nice. I haven’t seen it in barn use, but knew someone who put it in their carport. It was lovely. Heated too so they never had snow removal issues … They were afraid of gouging it up with shovels/blades. However, I don’t know whether their fear was self-manufactured or whether the surface can be that easily damaged. I suspect they were overly cautious because crumb rubber mats can certainly hold up in wash stalls, etc., but when that lottery comes in for you do a ton of research to make sure it’s tough enough for your needs.

Our running track at the old high school was ground tires, it was quite nice to run on. Seemed to last well too.

1 Like