Unlimited access >

Gloves for driving

I always sit on the bight, although that is much more of a juggling placement act with the apron. My marathon reins came with the pinky loop and I thought I’d give it a try. Yeah, 5 minutes later when the rein got looped around the brake I stopped with that foolishness!

However when it comes to grip, I improved that considerably by changing up my reins! Marathon reins are Ideal anti-slip reins (rubberized webbing) AND I took the Nunn Finer rubber keepers ( https://www.nunnfiner.com/Easiest-Keepers-Yet-p/keepers.htm ) and used them to make rein stops to them. They make a great rein even greater. My marathon gloves are just SSG all weather because they come in purple and if you have seen our marathon outfits, you know we are VERY serious about our matchy-matchy game.

Dressage/cones reins are brand new and were used in competition for the first time last weekend. All leather with beautiful leather rein stops. I got them from Camptown Harness. She doesn’t have a pic up but a friend has them and they were lovely. I switched from a camel jacket to a dark brown one, and once I did that I started using the dark brown RSL gloves in dressage instead of the more traditional deerskin ones. They look better and I surely like them more (especially with the new reins)

:lol: @goodhors At your advice, I sat, and am now fanning myself & sniffing the smelling salts :eek:”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹

Figures the use of gloves in the Victorian age had some Class reason as well as {shudder} avoiding inciting the senses of damsels :stuck_out_tongue:

But, I still ask why ADS Pleasure Drivers (at Villa Louis)told me to sit my apron at the highwater level.
On more than one occasion. :confused:”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹
I totally agree at natural waist is more comfortable & looks better.

My fave gloves are made by Roeckl. They are a very thin synthetic leather that provides good grip and they hold up well. They have a couple of different brown shades. I save them for showing and the last couple of drives before a show (dress rehearsal). For daily driving, any old gloves will do–SSG is good, but so are many of the work gloves found cheaply at Tractor Supply or Menard’s. I never drive bare-handed. With the effects of rheumatoid arthritis, I need all the help I can get holding onto things.

there are reasons that people should wear gloves for driving but in my view, I do not like wearing them neither with just the same reason as you 2 player games