Unlimited access >

Hock Soft Tissue Injury, Surgery Today

I am so sorry to hear this news. Sending hugs.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear your tragic news. My heart is breaking with yours. Would you share his name with us? (Makes praying easier). Jingling and praying for you both that he has a gentle passing. I’m sure the waiting is terrible, but just keep kissing that precious nose and smelling his wonderful scent. Those memories will last for many, many years until you meet him again over the Rainbow Bridge. {{{Hugs}}} :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Sorry that when you finally had solid answers, the news was so bad. Hugs. :worried:

3 Likes

I am so sorry that your outcome was not something fixable!

He sure is lucky to have you in his corner, pushing for them to figure out what was wrong.

3 Likes

So very sorry! How heartbreaking.

3 Likes

His name is Edward and Thanks so much for everyone’s thoughts! He truly being spoiled and loved, the burial plans are set and everything is in motion.

Funny the small things you think about with a horses “estate”. His blankets, his leather halter, his treat balls, his tack trunk, his grooming kit, his saddle and bridle. All of my other horses have passed in old age. Not a show horse in his prime. Crazy how many things a horse accumulates. My young horse has all those things already. So I guess tomorrow night I will pack them all away in his trunk, maybe in a bit there will be a new horse or a needy horse and rider, but right now I don’t quite know what to do with them.

I also am having a problem with his tail. I have spent two years growing it. It now drags the ground and it’s glorious. I cannot bear the thought of cutting a lock like I usually do. Maybe I will just keep a lock of mane hair instead.

Thanks everyone! I am rambling!

9 Likes

I am in no way telling you what to do here, but want to remind you that you will not get another opportunity once your amazing boy is buried to get his tail that you worked so hard to make into something beautiful.

Leave his wonderful tail until he has passed and then let someone you trust snip it for you. Edward will understand you taking it and saving it.

6 Likes

I am so sorry @four2farm.

2 Likes

You and Edward have been in my thoughts all day.

As far as the lock of tail, could a friend actually do the cutting when you’re not standing there? I could never do it myself either, but my horse friends always jumped in for me.

As far as all the horse equipment, I agree that it can sit in a trunk. It’s been two years since I lost my boy. I gave some things away to friends, but I haven’t been able to give up his blankets yet. They smell like him. :cry:

With my mares, it took me quite awhile also, but I had a chance encounter with someone who worked for a handicapped riding program. She mentioned that they always needed sheets and blankets. As soon as I heard that, I knew my mares would want their stuff to go to some needy horses. When the right time comes for you, you will know.

All of us here will be holding you close. Please know we understand. You can come here anytime, before and after, to share memories about Edward. We would love to hear them when you’re ready.

Much love and prayers for you both. :pray: :heart:
Pam

1 Like

Thinking of you and Edward. Losing the good ones hurts so much. He is lucky to have you be so brave to do right by him.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping you and Edward in my prayers.

2 Likes

OMG my heartfelt sympathy to you. That is just so devasting. Prayers for a peaceful journey over the rainbow bridge tomorrow. :pray:

2 Likes

Thinking of you and sending hugs your way from Colorado. It’s heartbreaking for sure. I’m so sorry

2 Likes

The final act of love is taking their pain and making it our own. Thank you for putting Edward’s needs first. May you and yours find peace. :heart:

2 Likes

All of you have provided so much comfort! He is tucked up for the night and I find myself looking at pictures of him in better days. Here is a few, Eddie is perfectly sweet and always agreeable even though he does make awful faces at his neighbors but what a ham: IMG_9524

9 Likes

What a handsome boy! I actually love the pinned ear look. It makes me smile at his sassiness. With you in thought. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Eddie is a beautiful boy and sweet soul. You can just see that in him. I hope he had a peaceful ending. So gut wrenching.

2 Likes