Unlimited access >

Horse Related Fantasies

[QUOTE=Thoroughbred in Color;7577345]
C’mon, it’s a fantasy. Think bigger:D. How about a Triple Crown winner?

Since my fantasy is to breed awesome thoroughbred race horses I’ll give you a good deal on one.

My other fantasy is a horse that literally farts rainbows and poops butterflies…[/QUOTE]

Oh, I wouldn’t want to get greedy (besides I’m saving all my TC karma right now for California Chrome. His owners and trainer are nicer than me anyway.)

[QUOTE=Thoroughbred in Color;7577345]
My other fantasy is a horse that literally farts rainbows and poops butterflies…[/QUOTE]

MY fantasy is a horse that eats hay and grass and poops money. :smiley: :lol:

Kim

Having never owned a horse, my fantasy has almost always been of buying one :slight_smile: minus the money concerns lol!
When I was a kid, I had the fantasy that my parents drove me to the barn and presented me with my present- usually the lesson horse I was currently crushing on.
Now that I’m older, I know enough to want the selection process as part of my fantasy, thankyouverymuch. So when I’m stressed and can’t sleep, I imagine going out to various farms with my trainer and MrB, and trying out several horses. If I’m particularly stressed and need an even more outlandish mental escape, the horse shopping occurs in Ireland…

None of the above need include the particulars of pre purchase vetting, conformation/health quirks/maintenance, price negotiations. Just many very nice horses, and the excitement of forging a new relationship with one of them :slight_smile:

Also, sometimes when I’m looking out my windows, I close my eyes and pretend the horse I ride is either in our (currently useless and empty) barn or in the field grazing. :slight_smile:

I love to break my day up at work with all my fantasy shopping… custom boots, I’ll fill shopping carts online with breeches and spurs and tops and jackets, dream shopping for horses…

I would love to see wild mustangs in their natural environment. I would love to take a trekking tour somewhere in Europe. I would love to own a large home with horses and a barn…

Honestly though, I cannot deny the fact that my situation right now is better than anything I ever could have dreamed of (realistically. for myself)! I have access to really good horses, some of my rides are free… my trainer is fabulous and loves me and trusts me… and I love her and trust her… the facilities are great. They are located half way between work and home. My husband is super supportive of me with my riding. I’m at a point in my life where I can afford to have fun with this hobby.

This is literally much more than I was dreaming of just a year ago.

DoomPony - I’m completely intrigued and amazed by you. Don’t you let anything get in the way of your dreams.

[QUOTE=emipou;7578180]
I would love to see wild mustangs in their natural environment. [/QUOTE]

When I was living out my Man of Snowy River fantasy, we did get to see some brumbies! Not up close, but it was still way cool. Anyone who’s interested, I highly recommend Reynella Rides. They’re a reasonable distance from Sydney and a top-rate outfitter. There were beginners and experienced riders on our trip, and everyone was happy. My sister and I got some very well-trained, super-fun ranch horses, and we were allowed to gallop through the woods and jump logs, just like in the movie :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=BigHorseLittleHorse;7578205]
When I was living out my Man of Snowy River fantasy[/QUOTE]

Okay. That’s really cool. I feel like such a dork, being a 30-something (ex-)punk-rocker who OWNS this movie. But seriously, … seriously…

[QUOTE=emipou;7578255]
Okay. That’s really cool. I feel like such a dork, being a 30-something (ex-)punk-rocker who OWNS this movie. But seriously, … seriously…[/QUOTE]

Don’t feel bad, I was in college and my sister was in grad school, and my mom was super-jealous that she wasn’t doing it with us :slight_smile:

Yeah, The carousel horse thing stuck with me for most of my life. Unfortunately my oh-so-serious when he is around horses dressage riding husband managed to shame me into giving away the pink carousel horse gear and ride using brown or black tack made of ‘leather’ until we got used to it my dear departed mare and I felt so ‘goth’.
Anyhow that is the back story to the pink tack/Barbie horse picture.
Sometime if you wish and work for it your horse riding fantasies can get close to coming true.