Unlimited access >

Horsie Hallmark movie 9/25... let's play Spot the Errors!

I can’t stomach any Hallmark movie. Same plot, same story and same predictable ending. Add horses and all the major mistakes they will make and had no desire to see it.

I saw the preview ads while watching Monk reruns and knew I wanted to stay far, far away.

2 Likes

The father was Corbin Berson? I didn’t even recognize him.
Another annoyance…I have never gone home to visit family and candles at the dinner table when it’s not a special holiday

Hallmark, Hallmark movies, and Lifetime all do the Christmas all of the time starting this month, until January. I wish they would show the regular daytime shows, and movies in the evenings and weekends.

I saw Taking the Reins, it was funny.

Corbin Bernsen and Janine Turner, I loved seeing them again.

They’re reruning it again, it’s even funnier when I just look for the boo-boos. Poor Patrick/Rascal, not only does the actress have terrible hands, and hold the reins so horribly, but she’s pulling on his mouth. The two pro horses in the movie are total saints.

2 Likes

I just saw it. I have been to the farm (but not the house) so it was fun seeing parts that I recognized.

The director and/or editor obviously didnt know good or bad horse moments based upon the scrambling trot and wrong lead canter shots they chose to show as “good”.

Interesting version of a “horse show” First day you have a cocktail party with everyone dressed up (except dad still wears plaid!). The next day they are seated as if at a play while they watch horses go over small jumps. And the announcer warns that the rider “cant get into her head”! :roll_eyes:

And you would think that they would have had a decent braid job on “Rascal”. It is not that difficult!

6 Likes

The terrible braid job was what really did it for me. I can tolerate almost everything, even the HUUGE 2’6" jumps, but the braid job was inexcusable.

Did they not have anybody who knew anything behind the scenes?

5 Likes

If they made a movie that was actually horse fact correct, y’all know that there is someone somewhere who will dispute something.

My latest gripe: the movie (I forgot the name. Mercifully.) Where the girl announces she had been a dressage rider for 10 years before she quit. Then proceeds to ride a sitting trot (a jog, really) with the reins clenched in her fists which were held up about boob level. And 2 feet apart. And could only negotiate one circuit of the arena. sigh…

5 Likes

My latest gripe: the movie (I forgot the name. Mercifully.) Where the girl announces she had been a dressage rider for 10 years before she quit. Then proceeds to ride a sitting trot (a jog, really) with the reins clenched in her fists which were held up about boob level. And 2 feet apart. And could only negotiate one circuit of the arena. sigh…

To be fair, I know a few of these people in real life…

7 Likes