Unlimited access >

How do I find a mini horse in need of a home? NW FL

I have one. Gelding, grey tobiano. 4 yo. Grandkids all moved away and he has done nothing for a year. Used to ride and supposedly drive. I never tried, dont have a cart. Gulfport MS.

1 Like

Has your horse been around minis before? Some are terrified of them. Ask me how I know.

I had two minis, plus full-sized horses and besides the fact that I’ve come to believe minis are the devil’s minions :rofl:, I would never put them with the big horses because one good kick can kill them.

Plus, the saying about goats usually applies to minis also: If the fence won’t hold water, it won’t hold minis. I can’t tell you how many times I had to hike over the ridge line to the fancy-pants dressage barn to retrieve my wayward Satan-in-a-Pony-Suit, who was convinced that he deserved to live in the lap of luxury there.

Thankfully the BO had a sense of humor and I kept buying her Starbucks gift cards to apologize for my little Houdini.

2 Likes

Money really keeps me from another full size horse. I can’t really afford the feed and farrier for another full size horse but a pony or mini eat much less and I can do their feet myself. I also have mobility issues and might have a hard time avoiding a sudden large horse squall!

Now we have a whole pack of coyotes in our neighborhood so a mini might not be safe although they don’t come near the horse. The neighbors turned me in to AC for my dogs barking when they only went outside for a grand total of an hour a day, I can’t imagine what they would think of a donkey! Although I’d like to have one.

My horse did come from a farm with minis so he doesn’t mind them. I have been watching FB/CL and those places. It’s hard where I am (Panama City) because it is not a horsey area anymore and it can be hard to find someone to transport a horse here, we are so far off the main drag (i.e. interstates).