Hunter Stallion for W Mare

I have this GORGEOUS Westfalen mare. Imported chestnut mare, USEF record with great placings in the hunters and hunter derbies. Chestnut mare with Chrome, pretty head and solid build. She’s the dream mare, and I am so lucky to have her. She had a stunning filly by Aloha in 2020 who sold, and she’s currently in foal to Lordanos for 2021.

Also interested in learning more about Trakehner lines. She is by Saint Tropez, out of a Labrador mare. (Landgraf)

I don’t have the greatest conformation shots, but can include a link to a video of her walking around and one of her showing. I’m looking to produce a higher-level performance hunter. Prefer fresh, but not afraid of frozen because she caught with the frozen Lordanos that was not great looking under a microscope.

Thanks everyone, interested in any crosses. I just want somewhere to start. I’ve hit my dream pairings already, and looking for other options :slight_smile:

I’m still a novice breeder, so take my comments accordingly

You might want to change your title. Since warmblood registries are pretty mixed up/interchangeable with several of the bloodlines, many readers will think you’re looking for stallion suggestions for a W-line mare (Weltmeyer). Better to say “hunter stallion for Saint Tropez mare” or “trak x holst mare” or similar.

Conformation pictures would be helpful, but at least say what you’re looing to improve. e.g. longer neck, or flatter trot, add/decrease height, or better feet. Are there any temperament traits you’re looking to improve? e.g. more ammie friendly, quieter, etc.

Good to know your mare can take with frozen. Do you have a registry you’d prefer to work with? Assuming the mare is already approved with xxx, do you want to stay with that? Is a different association’s inspections more convenient?

When I’m looking for possible stallion choices, I’ll peruse the USEF sire rankings for hunters and hunter breeding. If I know or have seen a horse I really like, I’ll look it up in USEF and see who it’s by.

I can’t wait to see pictures of the coming Lordanos foal. I love him as a stallion, and would love to use him if I had the right mare.