Unlimited access >

I bought a project! (Jan. 2022 update in post 21!)

Wow, what a year! This sweet mare “graduated” to her forever home in late March — she was jumping around 2’6" courses with a lead change when I sold her. Ended up endlessly brave, and maybe a little too “up” to go be true hunter, but an amazing partner for low-level jumpers, eventing, hunter paces, and she went to a lady who was retiring her life-long partner and wanted to do just that. :smiley: I still get updates and they love her.

I’ve imported (and sold) a few warmbloods since then too, but have also successfully brought along two more Thoroughbreds in that time as well. My current one came at the end of October and she will 100% be my RRP horse for 2022. She raced 52 times, has been off the track since June but just hanging out and getting fat, was approved for the main Oldenburg mare book back in October, and now, in my month of riding her, I’ve discovered that she moves super cute, seems to want to be quiet, and has a truly amazing canter. Probably my favorite TB girl yet!

260628470_10102264481055634_9011908700331676061_n

18 Likes

Here was the first project:

8 Likes

And the second:

8 Likes

Wow, you’ve been busy! Fantastic!!

Please tell me the current one has a name related to the question mark on her face. Lol.

3 Likes

If you have any suggestions, I’m all ears! Her barn name is Rosie, JC is Roman Around. I would love a show name that fits the marking, but I’ve yet to come up with anything.

Quizzical?

6 Likes

Hmm. Let me mull that over.

We had a lovely bay mare a few years back with a similar marking facing the other way, and her name was Without Question, which is why I asked. Lol.

Edited to add:

11 Likes

Ooo! Good one!!

A Question of Taste

1 Like

(Is a) Puzzlement

“Why Not Me?”
“Unquestionably”

1 Like

The Riddler

Without a Doubt
No Question
No Questions Asked
Guess What
Did You Know
Ask Me Anything
Says Who
What’s That

Oy - could go on all night; she’s adorable. We had a pony once with a backward question mark on her face. Her sire was Chaparral’s Blue Print and she was Chaparral’s Misprint. :blush:

4 Likes

We had one by that name as well. Lol.

1 Like