I Just Want a Diagnosis! (Update: it's "soft tissue rheumatism")

Have you ever been tested for heavy metal poisoning, or treated for mold toxicity? Working in a barn environment you could easily have been infected
with mold.

[QUOTE=yourcolorfuladdiction;8472567]
Thyroid was normal Colors.

The rheumatologist diagnosed me with “soft tissue rheumatism” because I have symptoms of both wide spread bursitis and muscle pain.

Not exactly an answer, especially since after all that I was told to take an NSAID to help ease the discomfort.

I have an appt with a neuropsychologist to test my brain some more.

My blood work is all normal.[/QUOTE]

I’m so glad you are hanging in there and getting closer to figuring this out!

Soft tissue rheumatism is also known as Fibromyalgia. Also can be types of bursitis, tendinitis, thoracic outlet syndrome…more. Treated with NSAIDs, acupuncture, massage, gentle exercise…and more. Look up fibro treatments. Many people get some relief from supplements like magnesium malate and d-ribose. There is a supplement called corvalen m, and a less expensive version called sedona d-ribose m, that contains magnesium, ribose, malic acid…people report have yielded good results. See online reviews.

That must be such a relief…I’m so glad that you got an ultra sound and fine needle aspiration of your large goiter and know that you don’t have thyroid cancer! That is so scary when you have all of those symptoms and find out your thyroid is enlarged, you have nodules, and need to make sure you don’t have cancer (been there). What was the diagnosis there? What did the doctor say was the cause of your large goiter going up and down? (never heard of one being large and going up and down as actively as you said your is)

Regarding being told your thyroid is “normal”…What is normal? Are your labs in the optimal range, or just somewhere within the wide normal range of the laboratory? If you fall between the “normal” ranges for labs, you can still feel horrible…downright sick head to toe…if not in optimal range. Patients improve once their labs are in the optimal range. Many doctors do not understand optimal thyroid ranges, the range where patients feel the best and are able to function normally.

A blood test being slightly high or low but within range can be the cause of people feeling very bad…the pain, the fatigue, brain fog, nerve issues, weight gain or loss, temperature intolerance. Without knowing what your lab results are and what ranges the lab uses, it is hard to know. “Normal” blood work is not necessarily optimal in terms of health and well being.

My thyroid panel levels are a prime example of doctors saying they were “all fine and normal”…while I was feeling horrible from head to toe. My critical labs were at the bottom of the “normal” range but not so low they were flagged…yet. But hey, the doctor said they were “normal”. I found another doctor who understood thyroid function. It was not until my levels were raised to the optimal range (of the normal range) that I started to feel better and symptoms went away.

Calamber: I have not, mold is definitely possible as I’ve been exposed to enough moldy hay and tack I’m my life.

Colors: the size is on the “large side of normal” and the labs, I expect would tilt towards hyperthyroidism if anything, within the normal range. As for the fibro, I’m hoping to see my orthopedist soon to help with PT and anything else needed. The chiropractor also does tons to help with my pain level

Was doing well until we had inventory and I worked 13 hours from 12pm to 1am on my “rest day” the week before last.