Unlimited access >

If you're considering buying Der Daus... DON'T

You know, it’s funny/not funny, but my first/only pair of fully custom boots was Der Dau. This was way back in the late 80s, and I had an extremely similar experience!

I was measured on site and the boots that I received never fit right (for starters the foot was too small??!) and they never made it right.

Every single pair of semi-custom or non-custom boots I’ve had since then has fit better, including a $250 pair of boots I got a few years ago for schooling.

I have always told people ever since not to get them!

2 Likes

About 6 years ago I bought a brand new pair of Celeris boots that were “abandoned” at the boot seller’s shop. They were custom and had been half paid for. Buyer decided she didn’t want them. I tried them on and they fit like a glove. I LOVE them, would have gotten another pair in an instant, but was leery of measuring myself and sending the measurements to Portugal.

I decided that choosing a boot where They would measure me would guarantee fit as most custom boot co’s don’t guarantee fit on self-measured boots. I made the mistake of choosing Der Dau. Figured 60 years in business, buy USA, located in NY and he said they stand behind their product. Ugh!!! Any mistake I might have made in measuring myself couldn’t have been any worse than what He did. Never-mind the mess they made of the boot tops.

Sounds very similar to the dozens of complaints from Alberto Fasciani boots. There is a FB page devoted to dressage boots and they are a great source for reviews, even for HJ boots.

1 Like

Former der dau fanatic here !
Was always buying them - for their beauty - they fall apart so fast but I was devoted to the brand no one could change my mind .

My coach pestered me for six months to try parlanti. He said it would change my life ignored his advice.

Finally I cracked . I bought an off the rack pair for around 600 . Almost a quarter of that I paid for my angel boots from der dau .

Guys try parlanti . Should have listened to my coach way sooner . Something about the fit makes your leg feel closer to the horse and the shoe part fits like a sneaker . They are amazing . Highly recommend . Would never go back to der dau although boy I do still like how they look

3 Likes

I literally had the exact same experience. They are terrible.

1 Like