Unlimited access >

Irish Draught vs Irish Sport Horse Stallion for eventing prospect?

Sorry I missed your question…We haven’t had ANY foolish TB/ISH foals. Ours seem to hit the ground like old souls!! We have…over the years, raised most of the mares we now breed and select THEM carefully for quality but very importantly disposition, brains and common sense!! And we only breed to our own stallions so we know how they act…more reliably than sperm shipped in!! Right now we have a yearling stud colt who is one of the sanest colts we’ve ever had. He’s a HUGE… All playful “boy”, but has NEVER offered to nip or bully and a horsewoman who shot some video for me said he was “THE NICEST YEARLING I’ve EVER SEEN!!” I thought that was a heck of a complement!! We broke TB youngsters for over 40 years…The ISH (with a heavy dose of TB) are sooooooo much easier!!

I boarded at Janet’s while i was in college, rode Flag a bunch, and rode several of his kids intermittently throughout my time there. I can’t say enough good things about Flag or Flag babies. He’s such a gentleman and I can’t think of any of his babies that I’ve met that I wouldn’t want in my own barn. I also can’t think of many of his kids that went to eventing homes that DIDN’T get to prelim+.

1 Like

Just saw that the very dear Mountain Pearl has passed away. For those interested look up Facebook page of Sarah Hauschild for pictures and write-up. Proud to have bred my mare to To Be Sure (MP’s ISH son) three times.

1 Like