Unlimited access >

Jingles Please - Sick Kitty

My sweet little buddy has been struggling on and off with vomiting and diarrhea over the past 36 hours or so. He didn’t want to eat last night so I took him to our local emergency vet. He apparently gave the staff such hell that they decided he was probably well enough to wait to see our regular vet today. Dropped him off first thing this morning for sedated exam, bloodwork, fluids and radiographs. Praying it’s not a foreign body which would require surgery. He hasn’t gotten into anything that I know of and generally isn’t the type to chew on or eat things he shouldn’t, but I won’t be able to rest until we know for sure.

I’m a wreck. His brother (actual littermate, bonded pair) has been wandering the house calling for him since I got home from the clinic. Jingles would be so appreciated.

23 Likes

Sending lots of jingles! I hope you have good news for us soon.

Sending you and his brother hugs.

3 Likes

Many jingles for your sweet kitty!

2 Likes

Jingles & AO for all three of you ~

2 Likes

He does sort of look like he could raise hell. Jingles from me and my cat team.

3 Likes

Jingles from Gordon the barn cat -

9 Likes

Sending jingles!

2 Likes

Sending lots of jingles for your little buddy!

2 Likes

Jingling like crazy. He is a beauty and looks like my :heart: kitty.

2 Likes

Jingles because sick pets cause us so much worry and stress. Hopefully it’s no big deal and your gorgeous kitty is back to normal soon!

2 Likes

Jingles!

2 Likes

Jingles!

If it helps, my Maximus Imperius was at the vet yesterday with similar symptoms. He threw up a massive hairball and plastic he’d eaten (he’s a plastic wrap junkie, and yes, he CAN open the trash cans), and then kept vomiting all Sunday night. No impaction or foreign body, either. Two antibiotics and a steroid shot later, he’s finally eating a little bit again.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone! It was a long day waiting for the phone to ring, but I just talked to the vet and it sounds like relatively the best news it could’ve been.

No evidence of obstruction, bloodwork is normal. His GI tract was generally inflamed, so they’re thinking gastroenteritis. He got some fluids and they’re starting him on some meds to manage the nausea. bland diet for the next several days, but hopefully this should resolve on its own.

Little hellion also required an abnormally heavy dose of sedation and still somehow managed to bite one of the techs in the process. He’s UTD on everything and it was this clinic who vaccinated him so we know he’s covered. I think I’m still going to be delivering apology donuts and coffee to the staff on my way to work later this week. :grimacing:

21 Likes

Whew! Glad he is feeling better!!!

and bad kitty - no biting the hands that are helping you!!! Stinker :laughing:

2 Likes

Too late to jingle, but glad to read your news & send "Way to go! on the doped-up bite from my own Kan be Krayzee Kat, Bounce

9 Likes

So happy to see the update! Jingles for continued healing and a joyous reunion with his brother. He’s a beautiful guy!!

3 Likes

He says “Dis not brother. Dis imposter!”

Meanwhile the problem child in question happily dug into a little bit of chicken baby food - his first food in almost 48 hours. He’s still high as a kite after the sedation. He’s lounging in the living room with me instead of returning to his hiding spot under my bed, so hopefully that’s a good sign. It’s been about an hour and the food has stayed down, so keeping fingers crossed that the meds and treatment today will have him on the mend.

15 Likes

Aww, thanks for the update and sharing the reunion!! Yep, brother smells really different than he did when he left. Hopefully, all the vet smells will wear off quickly and they’ll be best buds again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes over the next few days. More photos of your two darling boys would be very welcome!! :grin: :heart_eyes:

Knocking on wood, but hopefully we’re in the clear now. A few days of bland diet, nausea meds and probiotics seems to have done the trick. He’s back on his usual amounts of regular food and doing well.

Photo for tax because these two tiny menaces are too damn precious.

15 Likes

Dorian and I would like to send a wish for continued healing to a kitty that look a lot like Dorian .

7 Likes