Unlimited access >

K3DE Lost and Found? UPDATE on Post 12 ADDITIONAL UPDATE on Post 23

Hey, all. I was at the K3DE with my niece this weekend. She had been eyeballing some Ariat merchandise for a few years. She decided to splurge this year after saving for this, and she made her purchases. We got hime and she realized her Ariat stuff is missing. We have tried to backtrack in our minds where we were yesterday between morning and early afternoon. I feel so badly because this was her second K3DE. Last year she was notified during XC day that her mom unexpectedly passed away. Now this year she lost her Ariat jackets. She is in the military, so she is not wealthy. But what I am getting at, does anyone know if there is a lost and found? Any other ideas? Thanks. Here is a pic of her with her Ariat bag.

2 Likes

Oh no! You might try messaging Ariat on instagram to ask if anyone returned the bag to their booth.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, we will contact them. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am hoping someone turns it in!

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

I’m so sorry and hopefully someone finds your niece’s Ariat purchases. Here is some contact info I copied off of the website, you should probably get in touch to see if they have a lost and found.

Equestrian Events, Inc.
P.O. Box 12110
Lexington, KY 40580-2110

Mon - Fri
9:00 - 17:00

Sat - Sun

Closed

Main Phone: (859)233-2362

Box Office Line: (859)254-8123

Fax: (859)254-5116

2 Likes

Thanks, all. No luck yet. :sleepy:

1 Like

I volunteer in event information, and there are 2 lost and found boxes at the event - one in the trade fair (covered arena) and one in the event information booth in the Rolex stadium.

After the event is over, unclaimed items are transferred to EEI - contact them to see if your jackets have been turned in.

I will say, the items that get turned in are usually more personal - car keys, phones, credit cards, etc. We rarely get purchased items that are not identifiable (such as saddle pads, jackets, etc.) turned in, but best of luck!

5 Likes

Thank you so much. We’ll give it a shot! I’m pretty sad about this whole thing.

1 Like

Long shot here…do you remember the vendor the items were purchased from? Maybe the person who found it looked at the receipt and returned it to the vendor.

1 Like

I’ve got inquires at the last few vendors we visited. I haven’t heard anything back yet, though. I’m sure they’re all busy after the event, but I’m hoping I hear back from them soon. Nothing yet from Ariat, either.

1 Like

Oops, I misread your first post. Yes, I’ve contacted Ariat where she bought the jackets, and no response yet. Thanks.

1 Like

Update: Equestrian Events, Inc. returned my niece’s call today. They have her Ariat jackets!! Woohoo! I am so thrilled, as is she. Thank you all for your helpful advice – I truly appreciate it!

66 Likes

Wow. That is amazing. So glad this all worked out.

6 Likes

Yes! I really wasn’t expecting her to get these back…but I am so thrilled about it.

6 Likes

That is amazing! There are GOOD people out there. So happy for your niece. :heart:

I had a somewhat similar story but with a bracelet I inherited when my grandma passed away. I lost it grocery shopping for my grandfather. I was sure it was gone - it was not a cheap bracelet. Some beautiful soul found it in the parking lot and turned it in. Those people deserve the best good karma. :heart:

15 Likes

That was so good to hear. I bet you were just heartbroken to think you lost that!! Yes, there are good people out there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

That is wonderful! Nice to know there are still good people out there. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

3 Likes

Agreed!!

2 Likes

I dropped my phone at KY this year and some nice person turned it in! Gotta love (most) horse people!

4 Likes

Wonderful news, I am so happy for your niece. Its nice to know there are decent people out there.

3 Likes