Unlimited access >

Keeneland breeding stock sale starting November 8th

Regarding the broodmares (not the broodmare prospects coming from the track), I am so impressed with how the sales prep people get them looking–gleaming!. I imagine that some of these girls spend a lot of time hanging out in fields, but wow look like they just came from the show ring.

I also have such respect for the handlers. I think some of these big girls quite capable of walking all over or through someone, but the handlers make it all seem easy.

2 Likes

Are you referring to the mares/weanlings neighing? If so, it’s generally not loud at all. A few weanlings make a little noise upon arrival because most have never been off the farm. But they almost always come to the sale in the same group that they’ve lived with for the past several months while being prepped. Then they’re placed in stalls next to each other and they settle down very quickly. When they go up to the ring, that’s the first time they’re on their own. Some mares and weanlings call out then (many don’t care at all) but the process only takes about half an hour and then they’re back in their stalls.

Is that what you were asking?

1 Like

They withdrew Miss Sakamoto a few weeks ago and shipped her to FL to continue racing. I expect we’ll see her in a claiming race in the not-too-distant future which really makes me a bit sad.

1 Like

Rich Strike heading to the Keenland November Horses of Racing Age Sale Nov. 17.

Yes, thank you.

1 Like

Whoowhee hip 558 is a big ol’ girl :heart_eyes:
First time I’ve seen them back one in through the door, into the ring.

Her colt (559) seems to be a nice size for a weener.
At least compared to the people in the ring lol

Who Runs The World brought $35k.

1 Like

Myracehorse, et al paid $600,000 as a yearling. I own a share.

1 Like

I almost bought a share; I remember she brought a big price.

I hope the new owners get some nice babies from her!

Black Ridge Stables purchased her.
They’re the breeders of Mutasaabeq & Bast.

1 Like

Race Hunter, Chasing Time’s dam, was RNAd at $48,000. She’s carrying a Yaupon foal.

1 Like

More info on Stewart.
I like the idea of breeding to race rather than for the sales… time will tell if he sticks to it & is successful or not.

1 Like

Mr Z and Big Blue Kitten are still listed as selling today.

Mr Z is beautiful. Was able to see him on the replay this morning. Sold to FMQ Stables
Big Blue Kitten was RNA
Bourbonic went to Guillermo Callaro

https://catalog.keeneland.com/k323/catalog/hip/2703/?103

Shayney’s half sister.

https://catalog.keeneland.com/k323/catalog/hip/2704/?103

Shayney’s dam, in foal to Vino Rosso. RNA, she’s going back home. I got pictures from the breeder of them waiting in line to go in. <3