Unlimited access >

knots in reins for dressage??...the final answer page 2

Hey Libs I’m glad you reminded me of that trick. Maybe I need to try it with the Spot monster since he can now go back to work and thinks work means buck.

Cody

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bensmom:

Did you see the “magic rope” that I had on my saddle this summer? It is about 30 inches long, and ties to the d-rings. If you hold the reins normally, and hook your thumbs under the rope, you then close your fingers around the rope and the reins and the horse can pull until next week, and can’t pull you forward. It has worked wonders for my sense of balance.

We’ve used it to work on sitting trot – take the rope, put elbows by sides and sit – and wow, my body actually followed my horse and we got great sitting trot!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds interesting, but I am having trouble visualizing how you use it - would you explain more?

BarbB

…virtue shall be bound into the hair of thy forelock… I have given thee the power of flight without wings

Tapestry website, dogs and horses

Bensmom Please try and post a pic.

I am trying to visualize it,I think it sounds like a good idea.

I remember years ago,rigging up something similar for a disabled rider who had one arm longer than the other.It really helped him to be steadier in the saddle,and have better contact with his horse.

fernie fox
“I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound”.

pony spent a year with “hunter trainer” who wanted him to go looooong and loooow…think “bad QH training fork” trainer.

kid rides without stirrups a LOT but is only 68 pounds… and as the test goes along, well, so do the reins.

The dressage clinician we ride with from Wellborn is the one that put it there, and suggests it for many of his students. It was nothing short of miraculous for me.

It helped having a cooperative horse and cooperative spouse to get the pics. Mr. Bensmom held the camera for me and I told him when to push the button and take the pic. Digital cameras are cool. We had also promised Ben a cookie if he’d stand quietly. Works everytime

Libby