Unlimited access >

Lesson programs or part-lease near Ipswich, MA?

I’m in the North Shore area, what eventing facility is this? I’m intrigued!

The eventing place is just over the border in New Hampshire - literally a short hack up the hill from Dove Hill. It’s a private facility, but my guess is that the owner (who is a good friend of mine, and I rode with her for years) could be open to allowing schooling, under the usual conditions of trainer supervision, paying a fee, wearing appropriate safety gear, and signing a liability release. Dove Hill itself is not an eventing barn, though. I am just happy that someone is using that facility; it sat empty for years.

ETA: stalking on FB, I found that the owner of the place in New Hampshire rented out her indoor for the owner of Dove Hill to host a Diana Babbington clinic. So this suggests they get along.

My friend and her ex-DH put a lot of land into a conservation trust on the NH side of the border, so the trail riding is fantastic. Their daughter also runs a small dressage training program out of mom’s farm.

3 Likes

Another welcome to the North Shore! Perhaps when the weather turns the corner we could have a Coth gathering at Grotonhouse or one of the Myopia events…

5 Likes

Please! I would love that. I will be going to the Myopia hunter pace this spring – actually, I could use team-mates if anyone needs someone to ride with. I’m low key and down to ride whatever level other participants are comfortable doing. :smiley:

6 Likes

I think the COTH Northshore needs a hunter pace team for sure :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Hey if you’re ok with a green bean, Eddie and I would love to go! He’s been hacking out around the barn and happily splashes through water. We encountered about 10 deer leaping over a nearby fence and though his heart was racing, didn’t do anything silly :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m so excited to hear from all of the Northshore-ish COTHers! I hope we get to meet in person.

I sure hope the horse scene there will be able to come close to my wonderful experience here in the PNW, because after dealing with moving over the last week, I’m okay with never doing a cross country move again. My favorite saddle (which even horseless I’ve dragged with me for over a decade because it actually has a short flap), half of my breeches collection, and my cat trees are on their way to you guys as we speak, and I’ll be following soon!

3 Likes