Unlimited access >

looong break

When I went out of state for 4 months once I sent my horse to my friends’ parents ranch and they took care of her in exchange for using her in lessons. But she was an old packer type.
I would probably try to find someone to lease. Full training would be a last resort due to the cost. Have you asked your trainer if she could use your horse for lessons or knows of someone looking for a lease? Also check out the horseless rider thread.

[QUOTE=roamingnome;8317503]
Nitpicky because the horse’s age and your term of ownership keeps changing, and advice given is skipped over (why can’t your current trainer ride the horse? that would be cheaper than sending him to NJ or to an unfamiliar training barn out of state).
I’m not the only one who remembered your 1.80 jumper who is very green and your GP trainer who never did the GPs… it’s all very confusing, and no once can give you solid advice if the horse/training/story keeps changing.[/QUOTE]

my trainer is 85 and probably should not be riding excitable green horses. If she would in the first place. Besides, I would want him to go to shows as well.

If you want him to go to shows and can’t afford training board, then you need to find someone to lease him.

[QUOTE=fishjumper;8317575]
my trainer is 85 and probably should not be riding excitable green horses. If she would in the first place. Besides, I would want him to go to shows as well.[/QUOTE]

See, all the added new or changed details inconsistent with the other threads just confuzzle me. But I’m just a mean old poopy head anyway…

[QUOTE=findeight;8318278]
See, all the added new or changed details inconsistent with the other threads just confuzzle me. But I’m just a mean old poopy head anyway…[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
It changes again- you want him going to shows, but in another thread you said you were afraid 4 horse shows (by age 6/8/???) was too many.

If you want meaningful advice, give one story.

In which post did I say how old my trainer was? Its not changing the story if it wasn’t mentioned in the first place. And I said shows as in plural, meaning 2 or more… 4 or 5 is more than 2, as well as the fact that he does not have to show at every show. He can just go for the experience. And about adding new details-what did you want me to do? Spill my whole life story in one post? No. I will not. If you won’t answer my question, please do not bother me.