Unlimited access >

Lost One unexpectedly update post 21

So, I had some doubts that my instructions as to private cremation so I called the vet office to clarify this was what I wanted. They had only charged me $125 at the time of the appt which I thought was fairly reasonable and that they had finally got the clue that charging for euthanasia is cruel. What I got was a nasty surprise. They told me that I owed them more money! Specifically, another $150 for cremation,etc expenses. WTF!!! I wasn’t so mad at the cost but at the way they handled it. And I told them so. The guy tried to get huffy with me but I shut him down and made it pretty clear that they had handled this very very badly. I wasn’t nasty just upset and on the edge of crying.

I’m so upset. Had they charged me the entire amount at the time I probably would not have been upset but I feel that I was blindsided. Having my cat taken away from me so suddenly and then this. wtf…

This has not been a stellar month if you can’t tell.

1 Like

I sincerely hope the rest of the year is better for you.

((((Big hugs)))) and jingles for peace for you. Take care of yourself. This is a very stressful time.

1 Like

So I picked up Silver today. The office manager spoke to me and told me that she had spoken to all the employees because apparently I was not the first person that had happened to. They had forgotten to add in the cremation, etc charges. So staff has been educated, office manager apologized, I got my cat, all is well…ish.

Still want my kitty back. Still miss her prowling thru the house at 4am dragging her favorite toy behind her and then looking all innocence at me when called out on it.

They did a digital footprint of her little paw and I can’t even look at it. It just seems too morbid. Does anyone else feel that way?

3 Likes

((((hugs))))

I think I might be glad for the paw print later but probably not at first. Maybe not, I don’t know.

That’s a service my vet offers (the pawprints), but they ask before doing it. I always decline. I just . . . I don’t know. I always clip a bit of my horse’s tails when I lose them, and think someday I will have those gorgeous pots made with the hair, or maybe bracelets (the pots have to wait until I have a safe place for them!). But the pawprints are just too sad. I would just have this little collection of them, in a drawer somewhere.

1 Like

Maybe if they had been taken when they were alive I would feel better. But after they’re dead? That’s just creepy. I would always know that was their dead foot.

I also have the bags of horsehair that “someday” I will do something with.

1 Like