Unlimited access >

Lower back issues on a 7 year old mare

I agree with checking hoof angle. Looking and measuring them doesn’t mean they are correct. You never know what is going on inside.

From my personal experience, horse had picture perfect looking feet, then all of a sudden blew a bad quarter crack. We couldnt understand because from the outside everything was text book perfect. Took X-rays and he was a totally different horse anatomically. Front hooves had to be shod completely different. Now I get comments about how I need a new shoer because they don’t match…yet go to the X-rays, its what he needs.

[QUOTE=jennycash;8599951]
I agree with checking hoof angle. Looking and measuring them doesn’t mean they are correct. You never know what is going on inside.

From my personal experience, horse had picture perfect looking feet, then all of a sudden blew a bad quarter crack. We couldnt understand because from the outside everything was text book perfect. Took X-rays and he was a totally different horse anatomically. Front hooves had to be shod completely different. Now I get comments about how I need a new shoer because they don’t match…yet go to the X-rays, its what he needs.[/QUOTE]

You do know this thread is 2 years old,and OP hasn’t been on here since sept 2014.

[QUOTE=sassy45;8599983]
You do know this thread is 2 years old,and OP hasn’t been on here since sept 2014.[/QUOTE]

Does it matter? Could help someone else out in the future!