Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

Of course you pay property taxes to the locality of the property you own, even if it’s a vacation home you live in 3 weeks a year, even if it’s an investment property you never live in.

That doesn’t determine state residence.

1 Like

and he is registered to vote in Florida.

15 Likes

What determines state residence in Florida?

1 Like

Give it up. He’s a resident of Florida. And it really doesn’t affect you.

25 Likes

He owns a farm in FL and like most wealthy equestrians resides in Florida for the winter show season.

9 Likes

Latches, i think? I don’t really work in this area, but if you have a chance to contest something in a lawsuit and you don’t, generally you’re SOL if you try to bring it up later. But it depends…

The second question i don’t understand. MB isn’t stipulating to anything, just stating his residence as is required in civil proceedings? For the purposes of the complaint it makes little difference, he’s not contesting NJ jurisdiction.

5 Likes

I was talking to hubs about the whole thing who is in LE and has done extensive crime scene processing. He said there are many departments in certain areas of the country that do not even do gun shot residue testing, etc. Extremely limited means. So what is disturbing about this all is the fact that limited crime scene processing is not uncommon for a number of police departments and that what happened here in this instance is not an isolated event amongst PDs.

To have never been called to a shooting as a PO is pretty wild in it self.

8 Likes

You mean laches.

4 Likes

Michael owned, in his own name, the FL farm. Clearly that was his primary residence. The NJ farm was owned by an LLC in which he appears to have been a minority owner of SGF. Clearly not a primary residence.

20 Likes

Read the first sentence.

12 Likes

I have no idea, but residence isn’t changed just because you get incarcerated or you don’t own property. I’m guessing that he can legitimately claim FL residence. It doesn’t change anything as he isn’t contesting NJ jurisdiction over him or this case. The actions happened in NJ, the parties were in NJ, so NJ has venue.

7 Likes

Thank you for the correction. For anyone wondering, they are pronounced the same.

6 Likes

Yes.

Venue is determined by either parties residence or where it occurred. One can also ask to change it and that happens frequently.

4 Likes

And iirc he, or actually his Dressage business, leased the NJ property to operate off of during the summer.
If that changes his residency …

2 Likes

My dad and I watched many a MASH rerun. He died a few weeks before the lease episode aired. I cried through the whole thing thing. I still wouldn’t trust myself to watch it without crying.

9 Likes

You know civil and Landlord/Tenant forms all list Laches on them but the only person to ever chose it in my career was a sovereign citizen!

I know it’s pronounced latches but I always thought la-shay was more fun LOL

3 Likes

I always want to say lax!

2 Likes

Why are you so bitter and miserable? If you don’t like my questions, don’t answer them.

Like I said before, none of this affects anyone here, but we are all allowed to discuss it as long as a thread is open.

1 Like

My father also watched MASH. That was one of the very few shows he made an effort to catch. He had served in the Korean War, although I believe he stayed stateside. But I wonder if parts of it still rang a bell for him.

Very sorry for your loss.

5 Likes

So now that MB’s residency is established, shall we move on to questioning that of MHG?

11 Likes