Unlimited access >

Medina Spirit fails drug test

Guys like him always have good lawyers.

The judge in the other case is Not Amused.

2 Likes

This attorney has a well-informed view of the situation. Good read!

Nothin’ to see here! Interesting OTHER racing scandals!

2 Likes

I hate to say it, but I think - as far as outlandish excuses go - this jumper rider has outdone Bob Baffert.

5 Likes

Someone posted the story below on another thread. It ties into what you posted (“1977: A doctor fakes a horse’s death”) but the scandal goes WAY beyond that and involves the vet’s associate and Pleasant Colony. It really should be a Dateline or 48 Hours episode.

3 Likes

I’m the one who linked that story; it has its own thread:

1 Like

This cannot surprise anyone!

I wish that more people understood commas…

Judge Wingate also delivered an order Wednesday calling for the KHRC to retain five milliliters while the remainder is used for further testing. He called for at least two commission representatives to travel to the lab, previously reported by BloodHorse to be the New York Drug Testing and Research Program in Ithaca, N.Y., on a flight with the sample funded by the plaintiffs.

Can’t speak for The Bloodhorse, but I’m a lost cause as far as commas are concerned.

Perfect example of “we don’t care how it got there, you’re DQ’d”:

I believe her. Nandrolone is EXTREMELY androgenic/virilizing to women, for one thing. If she were taking it for performance enhancement, there would be some telltale masculinization going on.

Anti-doping officials don’t care how it got there.

It’s on the trainer (in this case the athlete too) to know how anything going into the body might affect a drug test. It’s why you don’t want to give your airline pilot friend a lemon poppyseed cake for her birthday.

3 Likes

Headline tomorrow:
“This just learned: Groom fed Medina Spirit a burrito!”

24 Likes

Never in his life did that judge think he would preside over a case on how to divide up horse piss :joy:

11 Likes

At the risk of going too far down a tangent - many, including myself, don’t buy Shelby Houlihan’s excuse, because there are some big big holes in it. I’d say she is as suspicious as Baffert.

2 Likes

Nope! His owner gave him super falafel!! The kind with 'roids!!

1 Like

Should have clarified I don’t believe she was injecting nandrolone. It’s more virilizing to women than exogenous testosterone.
The pork burrito excuse may well be as flimsy as the Otomax ointment one from the Baffert camp.

1 Like

I read an article today in the Washington post that had very interesting things to say about ole Bob. Maybe @ASB_Stars has seen it and link to it (I don’t know how to do that on my phone). What I found very interesting was that, for quite some time, Bob will accept a fine but no suspensions

1 Like

This is t

6 Likes

This is vile. Sonofabeech.

8 Likes

I am not (no longer) a Baffert fan. However, in the interests of fairness (maybe), here is a link to a response to the WaPo article.

I KNEW that vet was Rick Arthur before I even clicked the link! I would not be surprised if Baffert has him on his payroll; Arthur has been kissing his behind for years.

1 Like