Medina Spirit fails drug test

Is that the repetitive sound of nails being banged into the coffin of American TB racing?

5 Likes

Here comes Medina Spirit in New York- still with Baffert…

Shared Belief Stakes is at Del Mar in California, and Baffert spoke about his next race as the Pennsylvania Derby at PARX. No New York plans.

1 Like

The Shared Belief S. is at Del Mar in CA.

Thanks! I have Baffert and New York on the brain. Where is Gamine running?

Baffert is running MONTEBELLO in the stakes at SAR in R4 today 8/27

Also one in Race 9.

1 Like

My error–Baffert can run horses at Saratoga. Too bad.

Gamine is running in the G1 Ballerina Handicap tomorrow at Saratoga.

1 Like

Is it me, or is it absolutely crazy that the horse’s Derby win is still “in limbo” almost 4 months later???

9 Likes

Baffert has a Coolmore filly running at Saratoga. As Time Goes By in the G1 Personal Ensign Stakes.

Super pedigree on her…by American Pharoah out of Take Charge Lady. She is a graded stakes winner but I don’t think she has raced much outside CA.

No, I’m completely with you on that. It’s not just in limbo, there’s no…nothing about it.

Medina Spirit just won the Shared Belief.

Me? I will always now wonder if any of BB’s horses are running with ‘contaminated’ meds… I just don’t trust him as a trainer.

6 Likes

Same. I made a face when he crossed the wire first.

1 Like

Wish he was with someone I could admire. He is such a cool horse, pricking his ears when at the front.

7 Likes

That is exactly how I felt when Gamine won her race.
Wondering what/if the horse was on anything.
It’s probably the first thought that will cross my mind anytime a BB horse wins…

7 Likes

I was wondering the opposite when BB was saying Gamine wasn’t 100%… you mean she’s running drug free this time??? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I wonder if Baffert is going to back off and toe the line more now? Or if nothing will change? There haven’t been any real consequences yet but it was a bigger deal this time.

1 Like

I like Medina Spirit “the horse” so not going to take it out on him.

Gamine, on the other hand, those anti-flam/painkiller positives after the oaks and then at Oaklawn…and seeing her race in aluminum pads now, and the way her head was cocked walking after the race…that doesn’t look good to me. Hopefully she will receive a good eval at somewhere like Rood & Riddle. I think there’s a lot of imbalances going on there.

I’m not a Baffert supporter, but there’s also plenty of trainers w/a lot more positives than Baffert.

Keepmeinmind has run 7 graded stakes races in less than 6 months…no wins. It’s almost as if they are going to keep running him UNTIL he wins a G1…and I sure do hope that horse gets a break because he needs one. That trainer has way more positives on his record than Baffert.

2 Likes

Why would he? His horses win when they are drugged and he has apparently got away with it yet again. Leopards, spots, etc.

5 Likes