Unlimited access >

Meyer Saddles

Someone is asking $7500-$10,000 for a used Meyer saddle on eBay. The others are 1/2 of that.

How much do they cost new?

A couple of the Meyer saddles look to have a different interesting looking front panel design. For shoulder freedom? Or?

I also noticed one that has come unstitched from the panels near the pommel in the front. Saddle is 6 years old. Reminds me of a Jaguar saddle I had years ago that I bought new that had similar issues needing repairs within a couple of years.

@Belmont did you ever test drive one?

I sat in one at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto and it literally felt like I was sitting on a 4x4. It was brand new, grain but being sold as a lot out of the Delegrange booth. No idea if it was a lemon but holy moly it turned me off of riding in one. Ouch

Sheesh, was it gold plated? I suppose there might be some combo of premium options that get it there new, but most used Meyers I see are in the $2600 - $3600 range. And some of those $3600 ones are basically like-new demo saddles. As far as I know they are priced comparably to other French brands, $5k - $7k new.

ETA - those examples are all first gen models (not the new cut back panels).

Looks basic and a little older? I know zip about Meyer saddles. Thus my previous question about the emblem colors.

I see people all the time asking crazy prices for their things including horses and homes. I guess they want to keep them?

Well, the seller’s definitely trying to keep that one. That’s insane.

1 Like

YES! If you have a horse with a ginormous shoulder but still a very tall withers, this is a great saddle to try. There is no pressure on the front, they have complete freedom. This is not however a great saddle if your horse doesn’t have a strong back bc the area where the panels sit is now reduced.

As for pricing yeah no, they’re on another planet with that price. I paid $3600 for a demo.

Hello everyone, I’m the Northwest rep for Meyer. Reach out if I can help you guys find a Meyer. We have quite a few nice used ones in our Network. Meyer USA is under new management and is still just starting in the US!

I too had seen the obvious scam Meyer for sale on EBay for an unreasonable price. Please watch out for used saddle scammers out there!

Our saddles range from $5,600- $6,800 new and $2,800-$4,400 used.
The Act 2 is panel with a shoulder free cut out that is quite unique and is a $400 upgrade to any saddle. It has the carbon panel to give the leg more security but does not interfere with the horses movement. It does not work on every horse. Best on horses that are wider, not too much wither and large shoulders.
The Act 1 is a regular panel but still gives great shoulder freedom and can be customized to fit those giant warmblood shoulders!

Hope this helps and please let me know if I can find something for you!

I know this is an older thread, but do you have contact info for Carolyn Cohen?

1 Like

look up CC Fits shes on FB and IG

She hasn’t responded to FB message or to a text message. :woman_shrugging: