Unlimited access >

Mundial Boot Nightmare

Yourcolofuladdiction that’s just unnecessary. You’re talking to someone who’s out a bunch of money and has no boots. Snarkiness is rude and not helpful.

OP did you pay by cc? If so call the company and dispute the charge. They should help you.

Yourcolorfuladdicition, that is probably the most ridiculous post I’ve read on here in awhile. :rolleyes:

OP, I hope you get your boots fixed.

I don’t know anyone who is just “eh” about Mundial. They either love 'em or hate 'em, depending on their personal experience. My trainer - got the right boots that fit in the time frame promised. I never got the right boots - too short and the foot was the wrong size. I did eventually get a refund, but it was a headache. Another girl in my barn - took three tries to get them close to right.

The problem that OP is likely going to have using a CC dispute as I believe that this has been going on for OP for months -probably outside the dispute window. And the lawsuits easily may have come up while she was in the process of getting the boots - not something that would’ve necessarily shown up on google at the time she ordered.

OP - keep after them. It is what finally worked for me. Every other day a email or voicemail. Tell them there are three options. You original boots back. Your original, repaired boots back. Or a full refund. They finally were so sick of me that they gave me a refund.

Since I have a talent for wearing out boots…I am going through a number of brands to find that lasts well, fits great nirvana.

I am just eh about the Mundial. But I only have a pair of paddock boots. The zipper split on those in the first week, I sent them back they were replaced and I only use them lightly. I find the foot bed uncomfortable. They fit, and now that I’ve found some old sneaker inserts to stuff in, they are tolerable, but they just are not comfortable. The upside to being uncomfortable is they do last longer…when they sit unused. I bought mine when at Upperville, VA in 2008 or so.

I have Dehners and they fit well and are reasonably comfortable…but I have a friend who had to send her Dehners back 3x and was still complaining, but does now wear them. I did order the “we do not recommend zippers, they break” zippers in my dress boots, and they did break when I put on WAY too many layers under them one winter. I have not changed sizes, so when I ordered a second pair, I had them pull my measurements from their files and have my second, non-zipper pair (field boots in French Calf).

I wore through 2 pairs of Mountain Horse and returned a pair of Tredstep that were not wearing well, and now I use the heavier leather, zip up Dehners, as my daily boots.

I know a trainer who bought a pair of Der Dau customs and they did not last for much and the only reason she was able to get the issue resolved was Dover helped her out.

If you search on any boot brand, you won’t find one that does not have a tale of woe surrounding at least one customer.

There are a lot of sizes available now in non-custom boots. I have a pair of Koenigs now, and I bought those with a too big foot, which looks a tiny bit odd in the stirrup, but it made them super comfortable in the foot. No idea how they will wear, they are pretty new, only just broken in nicely this summer.

I would at least try the credit card dispute path and see if they can do anything at all before going for small claims. Just because it would be easier for the OP if it worked out that she could.

any interest in a group lawsuit against company??

I am without boots and without promised refund…after no longer working emails or phone numbers I am trying to find out way to take legal action…which might be hard as it looks like no real address, phone number, etc…except possibly outside the USA…thanks!

Success! My boots were just returned and the fastener had been mended. Boots look fine and no worse for their long absence. No one called me or emailed to say boots were coming and there was no message with the shipment but regardless, I am relieved. I had been in the midst of compiling paperwork for Small Claims court and it feels good to not have to do that.
I wanted to thank readers very much for their helpful posts and empathy, especially to horseflyer who spoke to the grandfather for me -perhaps that is what worked magic.
The boots are lovely but it is going to take me a while to get the excitement back. Give me a few hours in the saddle and I think it will happen!

Good news!

I spoke at length this morning with Roberto Rivas, the founder’s grandson, and he’s asked me to share a message from him here on this board… it will be posted sometime early this weekend. I.e. probably tomorrow morning.

Preview: all good news! :slight_smile:

I spoke at length this morning with Roberto Rivas, the founder’s grandson, and he’s asked me to share a message from him here on this board… it will be posted sometime early this weekend. I.e. probably tomorrow morning.

[QUOTE=Horseflyer;7757770]

Preview: all good news! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all your efforts Horseflyer - the reality is that everyone that gets caught up in a bankruptcy situation suffers … La Mundial, the secondary company manufacturing the boots, employees of both companies, suppliers of goods & services, & on …

I have three - 3 pairs - of LaMundial boots. The first pair - it took quite a bit of time to get them ‘right’ - BUT - they got them made correctly and have been WONDERFUL! I’ve had the first pair since 2011. 2nd pair was ordered at Rolex…and they didn’t fit (new measurements were taken). I called and asked if I could send them back. Roberto said not to worry - he would make a new pair. Received the new pair - just stunning and fit like a glove! He took the measurements from my first pair and created the 3rd pair.

Yes - they’ve had their ups and downs with customer service. However, Roberto works himself to the bone to make things right. I love my boots…and they wear beautifully. I ride at least 3-4 times a week in them. No issues!

Good to hear! Roberto is new to me, so I am going on my spidey sense to put my name on this, which I do not take lightly. My overwhelming impression is just as you said - he’s a honorable gentleman and a helluva craftsman. He deserves a chance to make this right (although it’s been a long and frustrating time, this was a huge storm that hit, metaphorically speaking.) Details coming soon, I promise!

[B]Below is a message directly from Roberto Rivas, grandson of the founder of La Mundial Custom Boots, established 1906. There are three entities listed, whenever he says “we” or “I” remember he is speaking as La Mundial back under full management by the Rivas family, not as La Mundial managed by Fabrica.

I am posting it here at his request. I have met him in person, and my read on people is usually pretty accurate - my impression is overwhelmingly that he is a good person, albeit with a huge mess to try and fix.

Although I do not have any formal ties to this company, I do believe in signing any communications, so here is my information: Holly Davis, Horsefly Group, holly@horseflygroup.com. However, please contact La Mundial directly, and use my information only if you have difficulty reaching LM. Thanks [/B]

"There has been much anger and frustration toward the La Mundial, Fabrica Custom Boots, and Campoluna brand names, and those caught up in the tangle have every right to feel this way.

I, Roberto Rivas, grandson of the founder of La Mundial, will untangle this mess and make sure that everyone who has paid for La Mundial brand boots receives them, and that they fit beautifully. We will do this as quickly as possible.

To explain what has happened: La Mundial has always been known for beautiful designs and highly desirable custom boots at a fair price. We wished to expand and improve operations of the company, and therefore sold a controlling interest in the La Mundial brand to Fabrica Custom Boots nearly 2 years ago, a company created by an investor group for the purpose of buying this share of La Mundial and undertaking its management. Unfortunately, we were not paid for the ownership, and they split from us, using knowledge gained from their association with us to try to launch the brand Campoluna to compete with La Mundial.

Some customers have just recently received boots made during the Fabrica tenure as management; they were located by and shipped at the Rivas family expense. Rest assured that if there are any issues with those boots, we will support them. Some customers are still waiting on their boots, of these some paid Fabrica, and some paid the Rivas family. Regardless, the Rivas family / La Mundial will be resolving Fabrica issues as soon as humanly possible, while crafting boots for our customers. We expect most of this to be satisfactorily resolved for all customers.

If you are still waiting for your boots, you will likely hear from us shortly, if you haven’t already. At any time, if you would like to send us an email with your name, date and place of order, who helped you, and type of boot ordered, we will cross check your information with our records to ensure that you are on the list to receive resolution of your order.

My family and I are greatly dismayed that my grandfather’s company has been a part of disappointing so many customers. I personally stand behind this brand, and am working as hard as possible to ensure that my family turns your disappointment into delight again. Although it is Fabrica that has caused these issues, we share culpability - after all, it was our decision to sell and therefore lose control of our family company. We understand for some of you, it is a long road to earn your forgiveness, and we hope that you will remain patient while we do so.

If you have any concerns or questions, please reach out to info@lamundialboots.com. You may also reach us at our customer service hotline at 239-599-5359, to be answered by either Sylvia or Lorena. Please be aware that this is a USA area code and therefore a domestic call for you, but it is answered in Ecuador. Very occasionally this can cause issues in that the call does not go through properly. Please try again, or send us an email, which is highly reliable.

We very much look forward to hearing from you, and to resolving this to move forward.

Most sincerely, Roberto Rivas M., La Mundial"

Roberto just emailed me to further say that he will call every unhappy customer personally if you email info@lamundialboots.com. Please provide details so he can research the issue before calling you.