Unlimited access >

Name Ideas Needed on Rescue Horse

I went with Daisy for the mare. She’s exceptionally friendly and clearly has had some training at some point. The poor draft, Dutch, doesn’t know how to pick up his feet and obviously has never had a bath before. But little by little they will learn how to be solid citizens.

Also, Dutch is huge. The pictures don’t really show how big this guy is. Well over 17 hands. When I picked them both up, I thought Daisy was a pony. Well, I got her home and realized she’s probably the same height as Stormy, who is 15.3. She’s just dwarfed next to Dutch!

5 Likes

Daisy and Dutch. Sounds like a childrens book duo. Dutch is a good, solid name and has character, fits his largeness. :grinning:

2 Likes

I love their faces… both look like great characters. I agree with @hoopoe, they sound like a children’s book. The Adventures of Daisy and Dutch, sounds like something I would have read.

3 Likes

Did you get some permanent change of ownership? I hope so. Glad you were there for them.

1 Like

I did. That was a story in itself. The guy tried to get me to pay him a grand for this beat up rusted driving cart. He sent me an email, through his WORK email, telling me that he wanted it to go with Dutch and he wanted a grand for it. I told him no, that rust bucket shouldn’t be near a horse. I had already signed the papers and taken possession of them what that happened of course.

I just got a message today from them asking how the horses are doing. As if they actually cared. I had to try really, really hard not to say something bit**y. I just said ‘They are fine. I’d like to contact their previous farrier to talk to them. Can you pass on that info to me?’

I expect I will not get a response, as we all know full well there was no previous farrier.

3 Likes

I donate regularly, and have 3 rescues here!

1 Like