Unlimited access >

Need advice on replacing manure fork head

I’m gonna ask Santa for one.

1 Like

Expensive is right!! Zowee! Even with a 13 month warrenty, that is pricey. My Wave fork guarantee was good for several years and (back then a few years) cost less.

1 Like

LOL, same! And it gets replaced with stainless steel hardware, so it doesn’t rust the next time. If it’s really stuck and not coming loose DH either drills out the bolt, or just cuts it off and puts it in the drill press to make a new hole and the belt sander to make it fit into the new fork head.

Farm maintenance requires many, many tools. And then tools to fix the other tools.

2 Likes

I hope he brings you one so you can report back to us on it!
(That gives me time to start rolling pennies :wink:)

1 Like

Yes, but the second fork is 50% off!

Still too much for my needs.

2 Likes

I had a beautifully balanced carbon fibre longe whip get stepped on. That was nearly $200 I’ll never get back. Given my track record with clumsiness, I’m going to pass on a carbon fibre shit fork. YMMV.

1 Like

I bought an Equi-Tee Flex’n Fork 3 Pack at least 7 years ago. One fork lives in my horse trailer, one has been in daily use, one I gave to a friend who declared it to be the best fork ever. The Daily Forker has no broken tines, despite being used to pry frozen piles from the ground in winter. The fork is nicely balanced. The only sign of age is where paint has worn off the handle. I did pay much less than the current price of $199 for the 3. But I’d buy them again.

Flex’n Fork 3 Pack

I have a wave fork. I personally do not like it. I got it from a friend who bought it thinking the replaceable tines would be so amazing and no one at their house liked it for cleaning stalls so I bought it from them figuring it would just take time to get used to…Nope. It will work if I have nothing else to use but certainly not a fan.

Well shoot. I went to go look up the Shake-n-fork (the one with the motorized shaker thingy) and it looks like it’s no longer made? That was going to be my Xmas present to my BO. :frowning:

@endlessclimb - this link indicates Shake’n Fork is out of stock until 4/1. So maybe give it as an Easter present? :wink:

Shake’N Fork

1 Like

Update: I decided to look around the barn for forks with broken heads, and found a nice Durafork with a wooden handle. The barn handyman just happened to be installing bridle racks so he had his tools handy and removed the head easily.

However, the new head (same brand) didn’t fit right on the handle. I can’t get the holes to line up. But! It sits so tight on the handle, I’m not going to worry about it. Voila! New manure fork!

This was my solution. :rofl:

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wait, where’s the duct tape?

None needed - this sucker is SOLID now. More so even than with the nut and bolt.

1 Like