Unlimited access >

Neutering a cat that isn’t technically yours

He’s very handsome. I think he has found a new home. :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

So glad you two are together and the plan is halfway done … be proud of your work … Great job ! Jingles & AO for tomorrow

2 Likes

Wishing you the best in the morning and for him to have a fast easy recovery!

1 Like

Yay Chessie!

My barn is currently trying to shoo a wanderer home. Young black cat came around a month or two ago and was all over us, and didn’t want to leave. Working student posted notices all over the place, but no bites. After BM saw her eating horse grain she started feeding her, and we were all excited to have the new place’s first barn cat. WEEKS later, turns out she belongs to folks up the road and they came and got her. She showed up again this week with a fresh collar, shaved leg spot, and ear notch… and again didn’t want to leave. BM gave her a ride home and was strongly reminded “not to feed her” (we hadn’t). Sorry folks, guess we’re just more fun? :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I know he is all caught now but I wanted to respond to this.
When I scheduled a neuter with my vet for a feral cat (not touchable), I explained it was contingent on trapping the cat and they were fine with the fact that the cat might pick that night to not go into the trap to eat so I might have to cancel in the morning.
I am sure your vet would feel the same way in this situation if you had not caught this handsome boy.

Jingles for a successful surgery!

2 Likes

Chess is home. Two balls lighter. And vaccinated. He’s a love bug. Completely content

I thought he might hold a grudge with the over night crating and the drive over in the small cat carrier. Then the male lobotomy. lol. But he hasn’t stopped purring. It’s like he’s grateful.

46 Likes

What a special boy! If this guy sticks around he will have his appointment.

11 Likes

Awwww fingers crossed he sticks! What is his name ?

1 Like

Woohoo. Great job! I’m sure he’ll be happier without them.

1 Like

Classic case of first you’re the kidnapper but afterwards … you’re the hero who rescues him and brings him “Home” !

Here’s to many, many happy years together !

As that old horse trainer down the road occasionally says

“ Ya Done Good - Kid “

2 Likes

How adorable is he?!?! He’s a good looking guy!

So glad he’s home and happy :blush:

1 Like

Thank you all ! For your kind words. :heart:

He looks right at home!

2 Likes

Well done @ThreeWishes! You’re a good egg. :hugs:

3 Likes

OMG. He’s hilarious. Love the first pic - he is still gorked, right? I can see he is in a real hurry to leave…and is hating - just HATING - every minute. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Dude, you’re stuck with him.

5 Likes

He got neutered in the morning. I picked him up at 4:30. And that’s a couple hours after coming home. He was pretty alert. I think he got tired after eating his dinner. So he went to sleep. :joy:

4 Likes

I lost my orange Chessie/Chessalump/Chesstopher recently. I’d like to think his large presence and amazing personality will live on in your recent Chessie addition <3

7 Likes

We haven’t named him yet. This is only his second visit where he ate the food. He is very suspicious of the whole thing!

He scopes out the bowl so I think he is going to be trap wary but hoping if we get him consistent we can move the bowl inside.

3 Likes

I neuter anything that comes around my home, including grabbing the pregnant girls and having them aborted and spayed. And I often end up adopting them as well. As far as I am concerned if they can’t be bothered to neuter their pets t hey don’t deserve to own them.

That is gorgeous orange kitty, he is so lucky he adopted you! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I do this quite often, in fact I finally trapped one two weeks ago that I was trying to catch for months! There were several broken appointments before he finally went in that trap. He is currently residing in one of my guestrooms, hoping he will become an indoor kitty. Fingers crossed because he is quite wild.

4 Likes