Unlimited access >

New Bridle design

It looks similar to the Correct Connect bridles. I have one, and the leather quality is really great!

1 Like

you are so right. I had one horse for whom I kept trying fancy anatomic bridles . his preference was an inexpensive, minimalist, soft leather bridle without noseband.

2 Likes

That;s my question as well. The metal ā€œrotatingā€ joints on the throatlatch and browband are against the rule about metal parts. On page 48 of Annex A, one of the bridles is not permitted because of metal snaps. https://www.usef.org/forms-pubs/96D17lSsaCo/annex---bits-saddlery-equipment

There are several bridles that are not legal for showing because of metal parts next to the skin. It seems to me that this bridle also would be not permitted. Also, thereā€™s a bridle that is not permitted due to metal inside the noseband, and this bridle may have that, too. I also question the attachments inside the noseband and the metal rings on the side.

WEll my bridle came today. First impressions: leather is not bad. It is solid leather and looks/feels a bit like the Passier bridles used to feel. The padding is fairly soft but not super soft like my Schockemohle. Will have to see how that breaks in if I keep it. The browband is WIDE. will be replaced asap if I keep it. The crownpiece is nicely shaped, and much narrower than some brands are making now. apparently that was a design choice they made. The noseband was surprising, it is not a crank. It is also not a normal one piece under jaw strap. It has a padded center piece and buckles on both sides. I actually rather like the design of that part. The nose bump is fairly small as compared to the nose bump on the fairfax bridle. I;m not sure if it will make much of a difference but on the other hand it is soft and not visually displeasing (I think the fairfax bump looks huge). The rotating noseband is trippy, not sure if it will make any comfort difference but will see what horsey says. The throatlatch does not look bad, but I am not sure if I have ever seen a horse who needed his throatlatch moved further down his face.

Overall, Iā€™d say it def looks worth trying. Will post a photo when I get out to barn to get it on my boy.

7 Likes

Waiting to here back from them if the bridle is rated dressage show legal.

I asked them this and they are currently working on the approval. Once approved they will post on their website.

4 Likes

I tried the bridle on my boy tonight. Will attach a couple of photos, but they are not good as I didnā€™t have anyone to hold him and he kept trying to wander away, lol.

Impressions: bridle was easy to adjust, holes well punched, strap ends fit properly into keepers. Size wise it seems to be a fairly accurate horse size. The browband and throatlatch are potentially a little short in my opinion. The throatlatch works fine for my gelding but for a horse with a thicker throatlatch area it could be an issue. The browband is a bit tight on my gelding who does not have a particularly broad forehead.

My trainer thought it lookedd interesting. Her first and main comment was ā€œyou are going to swap out the browband right?ā€.

I am going to ride with it tomorrow, will see if it makes any diff to him.

Please excuse the halter hanging off his neck, I had to have a way to keep him from heading for the grass.

10 Likes

Hi! Did you end up keeping the bridle and if so, can I ask if you were successfully able to swap out the browband? Iā€™m tempted to try it but the chunky browband is holding me back :sweat_smile:

Agree with this, yuckā€¦ I even hate when people tuck the end of their flash into the flash loop instead of having the end pointing down. Overall the bridle looks clunkier than some of the super wide nosebands fashionable right now. All of the different fasteners and removable flash are really busy looking.

1 Like