Unlimited access >

New to horse riding - hard time adjusting to mostly female group

It’s not the size exactly that’s an issue, but what is called the twist. With the saddle that was bothering me, the size was similar enough to what I was riding in before.

This is regarding a female’s anatomy, but reverse what they are saying for a male’s.

Although the articles say most saddles are built for women, because more women ride, given that a riding school is likely to have more female riders, unfortunately, you may be stuck with a saddle bought to more likely fit a woman than a man. On the other hand, it could just be a bad saddle. I ride school horses at present, and some of the saddles I’ve been asked to ride in are pretty questionable from a rider’s perspective, even though they fit a horse.

1 Like

OP, a woman more than twice your age is a perfect person to ask :slight_smile: as guaranteed she’s seen a few different man parts in her time, had conversations with the owners of those parts, may very well have sons or a husband that rides, likely has taught other men before. And she’s not going to thibk you’re just being crude like a teenage girl would. Also women as you’ve probably gathered from this thread also can have all kinds of saddle fit irritation.

7 Likes

This has nifty illustrations that show men’s vs women’s pelvis;