“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

Omg. Unbelievable difference in such a short time!!

5 Likes

It looks like she was getting a jump on the new grass feeding program while she was in quarantine. I’m impressed that they sent a picture from there.

8 Likes

She will be stunning in a few months

5 Likes

Crazy how much better she looks in 3 short weeks! Please keep posting updates @2bayboys - it’s been so fun to follow along her journey!

6 Likes

Hard to believe that’s the same baby! She looks almost unrecognizable. Muscle tone, her neck filling out, shiny coat. Lovely lovely lovely! :heart:

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Thank you for sharing! It is so fun to follow along and you are doing such a great job. She looks like a different horse altogether. I love this journey!

5 Likes

THIS is definitely a flashback OTTB memory for me that I love, although a bit dangerous! The 17.3h love bug would literally try to jump in my arms because he seemed to have no fight or flight response, just a “Hold me!!!” response. It was adorable yet awkward to say the least. I miss him sooooo much.

7 Likes

It was a good picture day. Nosey and one of her aunties :heart:

92 Likes

Great picture.

As an aside, I love the horseshoe door latches.

5 Likes

I love the way they look but I have a gelding who knows how to open them :rofl: So I had to add a chain to his and his neighbor next door to keep them from walkabout.

12 Likes

The ears on Nosey (and the angle she’s holding them at as her aunt sniffs her) are very cute.

14 Likes

I have the same latches and had the same problem. I ended up adding kiwi latches to the doors in addition to the horseshoe latches

She has been really developing some serious gaskin on her.
Will be wonderful to see pictures after next growth spell.
Even her bottom lip is picking up, she seems more alert, not feeling so lost any more.
Her eye is the same big quiet, sensible one.
Thanks for the pictures, they do tell her story with you well. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I just look at that shoulder angle and swoon. She’s a little downhill right now, but most yearlings are. When she levels out :exploding_head:

When her face heals up, I think her expression is going to be adorable.

9 Likes

Awwww…It looks like Nosey is worried she got in trouble and Auntie is reassuring her that everything is fine.

5 Likes

I mean this in the kindest, most complimentary way: Nosey’s developing a mighty fine ass. :+1: :grin:

25 Likes

That rear end is getting all the calories right now :rofl:

19 Likes

I noticed that, background lines shows hips are bursting up

3 Likes

She looks great! What a difference in 3 weeks!

She is adorable! She is a NICE horse!

2 Likes