Unlimited access >

Nutrition help

TBH, I wouldn’t be happy with a foot that looks like that at 6 weeks when it’s the 3rd time the foot has been trimmed. There’s just way too much foot there. Mayyyyybe things are just weird enough that it’s actually improving (but without past pics at the same 6 weeks not possible to know), but that would be a stretch. The after pics will tell a bigger story I think

Depending on how long her feet have been NPA and otherwise out of balance, it can take a good while - months - for her to feel normal again. It’s a peeling the onion sort of thing. Be out of balance long enough and the entire rest of the body has compensated, so now you’re changing the balance of things, so muscle memory and development is challenged again, and it can be uncomfortable.

I wouldn’t pull shoes either. I know NPA can be fixed barefoot and with appropriate boots, but often it’s faster with shoes WHEN the setup is properly done (which often includes wedges in the beginning)

Her feet were in MUCH better shape when you got her (and geebers what a lovely girl!!)

I see a lot of hind feet like this on young TBs. I think it’s largely a function of the feet still growing, and something about a lot of TB feet. My TB mare has small feet for her size.

You’d be surprised how bad a body can look when the feet hurt enough for long enough :frowning:

Absolutely! “they” treat it like Farrier’s Formula or Grand Hoof or any number of other hoof supplements. See my next comment :slight_smile:

The site says:

Vermont Blend is a supplement made specifically to balance grass hay. Typically you would need 3 supplements to balance grass hay: trace minerals, magnesium, and sodium. On top of that, horses who are lacking topline or have poor hoof quality can benefit from the amino acids that are most deficient in the equine diet

I haven’t ever seen anything on their site stating it’s a hoof supplement. It just talks about being a supplement to help balance grass hay, and hoof quality may improve as a result.

Front left:

Front right: (unfortunately already pulled this shoe)