Unlimited access >

Olympic Medal predictions?

Fischer Chipmunk did WEG, which was considered 5*, but with a different rider.

Ah! Thanks! It was listed as 4* but that’s because it was right before the classification change so my brain didn’t put two and two together. (Happens all too frequently lately :joy:)

Oh yeah it is, maybe it was 4*? I think it might be considered “Games” level, which is a mix of 4/5…no real confirmed level lol

Alright, I suppose the window is closing to get a bet in here! For teams, I will say:

1. Great Britain. The lowest team finishing score ever recorded came from the British team in London…where they won SILVER thanks to the multiplier at that time. They are owed one, and I’d like to think this is it.
  2. Germany. I don’t bet against the Germans.
  3. Japan. I’m betting my heart here. It’s not a far-fetched result, but you’d catch me having just chopped onions if they could make it happen.

Individual results:

1. Ballaghmor Class. You’ll need heart out there, and nothing has more of it than this horse.
  2. Vassily de Lassos. This horse should be tailor made for this.
  3. fischerChipmunk. Like I said, I don’t bet against the Germans.

Marigold I think you have strong selections there.

I have thoughts about who will win, but they aren’t necessarily the same people as those I WANT to win or have an amazing result. I will be rooting for the Japanese team, they will be trying hard for a podium finish and I think they could if things go their way - there is always a bit of home-team advantage, though part of that you’d think would stem from the support of fans and spectators, which are thin on the ground here!

I’ve picked Jonelle on my EventingManager team - I think it’s an outside chance, but she will have something to prove after her bad weekend at Pau and NOT being a favourite might work in her favour.