Ongoing sinus & allergy problems...

Well, my GP adjusted my meds. Again. I seem to have gotten rid of the sinus infection at least for now (after a month of antibiotics). Right now, I’m on Singulair every day, zyrtec every day, nasonex every day. I have Allegra to take on days when it’s bad. I also use my sinus rinse faithfully, especially after the barn. I have a touch of exercise induced asthma, so the singulair is supposed to help that.

For those of you who use the NetiPot/irrigation, my ENT suggested the commercial salts as they are more refined than table salt. I bought a box of them and they’ve lasted a couple of years.

I posted a while back that I’d been treated for a fungal infestation (ugh!) in my sinuses, but didn’t feel that much better. Well, I just scheduled sinus surgery. Had a CT scan that revealed that my turbinates (structures in sinuses) are blocking 90% of the air trying to get through, and the ENT doc says they must be scaled back. Sure hope this works as any surgery is likely to cause a lovely rheumatoid arthritis flare–can’t exercise for two weeks and I’ll need to be off my RA meds. Still negotiating for how long off the RA meds. Luckily my rheumatologist gets to decide that one, and he’ll find the best balance.

Surgery is May 5th. Wish me luck.

Rebecca