Unlimited access >

Pain management strategies for riders?

I’ve never had any chronic issues so I’m not sure if this would work in the same way, but I have always used a product called Traumeel and it always worked wonders on aches and pains. I do think, though, that the best would be to see a doctor and make sure that there is nothing wrong with it besides the old injury.
I’ve definitely heard of doing the ABC’s with your foot- strengthening and stretching will only help!

you just blew my mind with voltaren being a prescription drug. I will add it to the list of things my friends bring from Canada when they come to visit us in NC. That and my Cardamon French Toast from David’s Tea…

Back to the topic at hand, I have one ankle that used to cause me no small amount of pain while riding. My Jins have been as absolute lifesaver. I literally went from pain every ride to none. Rode in a pair of the Royals and while I don’t have pain with them, my foot did go numb.

I have a chronic back injury that i tried to deal with myself for years. Worst idea ever. I would go through flare ups and not be able to walk. It was only once I took a substantial amount of time off riding to work with massage therapists and PT’s. Once they cleared me, I didnt ride until my fitness was back up too. It took 2 years, but I have been one year pain free now. Hard decision but the best decision I could have made.