Unlimited access >

Palladia Experiences (Mast Cell Tumor Diagnosis in Dog)

Thank you Cilla1. Yes, he was a Galgo Espanol, also known as a Spanish Greyhound. He was brought over from Spain to a Greyhound rescue in 2012, which is where we adopted him from.

Like you, we were careful but not paranoid with the Palladia. It didn’t change how we interacted with my dog. I’m past childbearing years and we have no kids, so :woman_shrugging:

My deepest sympathies. I lost my heart dog to a rapidly growing mast cell tumor. We thought we got the margins the first time – but the surgery left her crying in pain. When it reappeared, we were done. Heartbreaking because she still had bright eyes, still loved treats and even pieces of kibble for training, still loved playing like a soccer star with her treat dispensing ball. I hope new medications can help going forward – and I’m terribly sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Thank you Libgrrl. He was most definitely my heart dog. I loved him more than I can say. Like your dog, he was bright eyed and enjoyed life right up until the very end. That is a blessing I try to be thankful for.

1 Like

Absolutely :broken_heart:

1 Like

floppyammy I am so sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you are going through. My dog was recently diagnosed with bonemarrow cancer. He declined so quickly there wasn’t much we could do. Bonemarrow biopsy with possible chemo was a possibility but I made the decision that quality of life was more important than a few more, possibly painful months for him.

It broke my heart and I cried for weeks. Though I miss him terribly I got a new puppy which has helped overcome the depression.

2 Likes

Oh, he’s lovely :heart: and very lucky to find his home with you. What’s his name? I didn’t think galgos were sent for adoption to US form Spain (or maybe they are bred for hunting in US too?)

2 Likes

floppyammy I tried to find an older Bouvier to rescue but they are few and far between. There was a female in Colorado but it would have been too difficult for me to arrange this across the border.

Good luck with your new dog.

1 Like