Unlimited access >

Pessoa Lunge System - just the back half?

I would agree with this - the goal is not to increase fitness by resistance training, but by encouraging engagement. That’s why this is really a dressage tool, and not as marketed or used by other disciplines (not that they couldn’t benefit, just that they don’t care about engagement as much as we do).

The fact that some other disciplines don’t care as much about engagement as the Dressage world, is a sad thing :frowning: They don’t need to care about as MUCH engagement, but they do need to CARE as much. So many Hunters go around on their forehand, and that’s not healthy long-term. Way too many Hunters get schooled in things that are front end-affecting, which is bass-ackwards. They really like the Pessoa system as a whole :frowning:

1 Like

It just got here and I tried it on yesterday. I think it fits my guy better than the Back on Track and he is fairly narrow in the shoulder, the Back on Track hooks behind his wither. So that’s a definite pro. I got the mesh sheet so I can layer it under his other blankets. I like that has hook and loop to attach to the outer blanket. I haven’t left it on him for any significant amount of time to see how it compares in use.

Thanks for the info!

Just as an update - I did use the Pro-Core yesterday with it adjusted lower on his hindquarters and I think it worked better! I was using it with him in hand (we are still in a walk only phase per our vet), not on the lunge, but he seemed to connect better to my hand. Especially when I asked with the whip for him to push more, he didn’t speed up, but took a bigger step. So I think I’ll stick with this for now and see what I get over the next 4-6 weeks of using it with it adjusted correctly! lol Thank you all for your input!!

4 Likes