Unlimited access >

Pony Finals This Week- Info

It is Ava. She introduced herself and now it is up on the screen that Bob Crandall has joined her. Adam Edgar commentated for a while too. I like the positive, constructive element they are bringing to this event. It is a long day at the end of a long week and to emphasize the journey of these kids and ponies over ribbons and scores is refreshing.

1 Like

Standby:

These small children on the small ponies in the medal are doing a fantastic job. There are so many full sized people that couldn’t ride this course half as well. I am very impressed

3 Likes

Was thinking the same. I am blown away by these kids.
Also loving the clinic that the commentary provides – even for those of us who are too tall and too old for PF!

I hope this is available on-demand for USEF members, too, afterward because I’ve missed a lot.

Previously, I mistakenly assumed that if a show was airing through USEF Network, it all would be available on-demand to USEF members afterward. But apparently some on-demand access is restricted to CMH premium accounts because CMH has those rights? Cue another crotchety email exchange with CMH and USEF because I didn’t realize that was what the wee logos in the corners meant. sigh

1 Like

I am able to watch replays with just a regular USEF membership. I don’t know if the Medal class is up yet though.

1 Like

The Medal is up for replay.

2 Likes

That’s good news - thank you! I know what I’ll be doing this week!

And to clarify – this is the response I received from USEF, when I had trouble viewing replays – I was whining because I couldn’t go back and see some classes from Lake Placid:

“With a few of the contents within ClipMyHorse, the rights are split. So, with the I Love New York Horse Show you may watch the live content; however, if you are unable for any reason to not view the content Live and it has since become On Demand, you will then be required to acquire a ClipMyHorse subscription to go back to view On Demand content. This split rights circumstance is only applicable to a few contents.”

1 Like

Has anyone done the Clip My Horse subscription free trial for 30 days? If so, were there any issues canceling before 30 days were up?

For all my complaining, lol, I have done the 30-day trial (maybe two years ago?) and did not have a problem cancelling.

If month-to-month subs were an option, I probably would happily pay for it again. I do appreciate what they do.

1 Like

If anyone wants a replay of a particular rider’s rounds they are accessible on the USEF pony finals replay on CMH. Rider and ponies’ name to the right of the screen. It also gives an option to watch all of their rounds.

What a great show for all of the kiddos. Well done you, all of you. :+1: You make this, and any many other oldsters, proud.

I wish I had a pony again… I can’t complain though. I was very lucky to have had a pony when I was a kid.

2 Likes

If you search this forum for that (yes you will have to weed thru the threads about actually clipping), you will find that it is not necessarily very user friendly to cancel.

I believe there is no month to month option either.

Here is one of the threads.

1 Like

Did they get rid of this option? I pay month-to-month and have never had an issue. I find it well worth the money too. I also pay through PayPal, which means should I wish to cancel, I can do so through their site, not CMH.

2 Likes

CMH? I didn’t know they ever had month-to-month. The “again” was an accident.
The last time I looked – and granted, I can’t remember when that was exactly, you had to pay for the year.

If this is the case, sign me up. I mean, after I pay for the latest wine-fueled eBay purchase.

1 Like

Seems like a pretty clear monthly option to me:

I guess you are technically committing to a year, but as I said, if you pay via PayPal, you could halt those recurring payments whenever you wanted.

2 Likes

I have the monthly payment option, but the contract is for a year. It just bills monthly instead of annually. I think there may have been a true month-to-month option in the past. I did try to cancel and was told I couldn’t until the end of the year period. I have actually been using it, so it’s been worth it and I haven’t tried cancelling a different way.

I did sign up for the 30-day free trial once a few years ago and was able to cancel that successfully.

1 Like
2 Likes

@DiamondJubilee, did your kid & pony have a good week?

@JBCool- sorry, I was away in the US at a show and did not have my phone on and no internet. But they kept me updated and they were 5th in the model/US and 20th Overall in the Medium Greens! Morton’s Catwalk. So proud of both of them! I’m just a tiny trainer and start 1 pony each year, get them going on the flat, changes, and over small fences then sell or lease them on (I have 5 out there so far) so I love keeping track of them and all of their successes with their new riders. What a team! The pony is just 8 this year and the rider is 10, so quite “green” themselves.

12 Likes

No worries! That is terrific! I’m sure it is exciting to watch them move on. I remember watching a pony I had ridden for my trainer briefly while my horse was hurt do the large greens at PF several years ago. Kinda fun to say, I was there when…lol

2 Likes

Thanks! The “pay over time” option was not available the last time I looked at CMH subscription options. Or that is to say, they weren’t presented this way. Granted, as I said, it’s been a while since I last considered it and looked. And “a while” must’ve been longer than I thought – a quick look at old posts from 2015 or so confirms it used to be $99 for the year – no options to break it up. Though I recall the yearly being more like $150 or $160.

I like having the ability to adjust my budget from month-to-month so the PayPal hack is a workaround I might try. I’m gathering it’s not violating their TOS or at least they haven’t caught on.