Unlimited access >

Poor well water pressure

OMG I’ve said that to 3 people today. Open house at noon, had to put in an offer by 3. I am not sure whether I hope I get the house or not.

(Haven’t even listed my farm for sale yet because it will sell in a day and I’ll be homeless).

:sleepy: :weary: :sob:

1 Like

Meant to add—you’ll find the right place. And hopefully whatever it needs done will be a joy instead of a burden. I’m looking for my next place—half the size of this property—and getting this one ready for sale. Where I’m looking, one place I looked at had public water but had had a well at one time. I told my broker that even with that, I’d want to have the well either restored or a new one drilled so I’d have both. I’m not going thru water issues again!!

1 Like

Sadly this does make me feel better. It kills me to pass on a property with a 6 stall barn, multiple large pastures, pond and wooded trails on 6 acres, but my gut says that house is a money pit. It was built in 1960 and the same person lived in it since 1987. Only the roof is new, so it probably was leaking badly.

You avoided a giant money pit. Our house was built in 2000 and very little maintenance for 10 years and we have had to put $$ in the property to get it up to standards. Pulled out sheet rock, flooring, sub floor, redid plumbing, chimney and well work. All kinds of things the house inspector didn’t consider a big deal.

2 Likes

Wow—I kind of wish the market here was that hot. It would make things a bit more predictable.

Yes and no. If you’re a seller, sure it’s nice to know your place will be sold quickly. If you’re a buyer like me, you spend years looking for the same needle in the haystack that 60 other people are also trying to find. A piece of crap starts in the 400s.

1 Like

I’m both. Just selling in one state and looking to buy in another! My (selling) market was hot because of so many people moving here but now is not because of time of year, election, etc. etc. etc. My buying market has done OK but for much bigger houses which is what I’m running from. There are a lot of bigger factors in play but we’ll see. I hope you find EXACTLY what you’re looking for without having to spend the bank of making it right!

Personally, I wouldn’t touch a house without an inspection and option period. If it’s priced low enough for it to be land alone, assume the house is a tear down that will cost a fortune to tear down, and if it’s not, then the house has a value and needs inspecting. Houses here are going fast, but people still accept those offers. My sister just offered on a house and was told they’d need to resubmit without the option period, they said no, selling agent called back the next day and said they’d look at the higher offer with the option period, she’s in said option period now. So it’s still worth submitting that offer, they might decline, and they might get around to it.

I just closed on my place (5 acres, 1985 manufactured). Submitted an offer March 9 but wanted a June 9 close, seller was firm on wanting a 30 day close that I couldn’t do, house went under contract with someone else, seller passed away, probate, and it got relisted in May and I submitted a new offer with a June 21 close date. Sometimes, things just work out. PS, my well tank isn’t holding pressure, so I’m still coming back to the rental for nightly showers. I have water, but we don’t want to strain the pump until the well repair guy can make it out. Problem was discovered during the inspection, my realtor sent the video to the well guy, who gave us a repair estimate, and seller came down on the sale price according to the repairs, even though the house was listed “as is.”

2 Likes