Unlimited access >

Post-DVT leg fatigue/pain

I hope you get answers and the treatments you need, @CHT.

And I hope you get them SOON.

1 Like

Got my answers. The venous insufficiency is improving with the compression stockings and physiotherapy. The doctor figures 3-6 months for the veins to be repairedā€¦hopefully in time to not have to wear the thigh high stockings by summer/shorts season! She had sent my doctor a detailed letter about my leg issue as the presentation is very unusual/rareā€¦I guess I am fortunate her much older colleague had seen a couple similar cases.

Meanwhile, I have also badly torn my pelvic floor. It is unpleasant. I apparently have evidence of arthritic changes in the pubic area, but that isnā€™t causing pain (other than preventing me from wearing irritating pants), so that is good. The surgeon and resident who I saw (tuesday) also mentioned that the way the tear was presenting was unusualā€¦kind of getting tired of hearing that!

Feeling a bit low though. I know it is my fault for not keeping up with my physio. Usually when I feel low I go for a walkā€¦which is now too painful, so I am actually not sure how to cope - I went with cupcakes.

The doctor I saw today at the Sports clinic gave me a contact for possible mental health help with someone who will understand the implications of too many concussions. I plan to call tomorrow. Although I am fortunate all the Dr visits, x-rays, scans etc. are ā€œfreeā€, the amount I a spending on physio therapy and support is really adding up. I know itā€™s worth itā€¦but I would rather of spent that money on a trip to France.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad you got answers, but sorry that everything that has happened has been so unusual. Iā€™m glad you can stand to wear compression stockings. When I did a lot of damage to my leg in a fall, I had to wear a compression stocking, which probably contributed to cellulitis. I spent the next six months or so having my husband vet wrap my leg from the toes to the knee every morning before I got out of bed. Lying there with my leg raised over my head was interesting, as itā€™s not a movement I make easily. At least with vet wrap, I could do a lot of interesting colors. But the bottom line is that it all healed, until that leg took the brunt of being hit by my own car while driving my pony up my driveway. Sigh. At least the pony was OK.

I am really glad you are pursuing the mental health help. Iā€™ve had several severe concussions and the mental wear and tear was pretty awful. Time passing has helped, but none were anywhere near as recent as yours. I am jingling madly for you to get past all of this. I feel so bad that your life was turned upside down.

Rebecca

2 Likes