So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

My heart aches for you.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. Hugs and jingles for you!

1 Like

I’m so sorry :cry: Hugs!

1 Like

Thank you everyone. Just absolutely heartbroken this morning.
To lighten the mood a little I’m pretty sure our other dog thinks I’ve lost my mind. I was just hugging him while crying and he sat there with a confused look on his face lol

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. Hugs and jingles to you. Give your other dog more hugs and lots of treats.

1 Like

I am so sorry. Do the vets have any idea what might have happened? A necropsy might be a good idea if you can agree to that.

1 Like

They found a mass on his spleen that had ruptured. The vet said sometimes you don’t know they are there until it’s to late. He never acted different.
My poor boy had his spleen and intestines rupture. He was bleeding out. Nothing more could be done to save him.

A hemangiosarcoma? So very very sorry about Panda. May your memories lessen your grief. Sending you a huge hug.

1 Like

https://www.tinypetmemories.com/articles/resources/pet-loss-poems-and-quotes/a/the-best-place-to-bury-a-dog-ben-hur-lampman

I always have a bunch of dogs. And of course life is brief and they come and go. And I weep. I have found this has brought me solace. Where do you bury a dog? In your heart. Then they are with you forever.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that happened. What an awful way to go. You did what was right. RIP, well loved dog.

1 Like

From what I understand yes

Looking in on you Countrygirl18 ~ sending some ((hugs)) laced with strength and comfort ~ one 1/2 day at a time.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve been taking things an hour and a breath at a time.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. I had a friend lose a dog that way. It’s so sudden and there is nothing you can do. Cherish your wonderful memories.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to lose the special ones, especially if it’s before their time. I lost my all time favorite dog last February to a bleeding spleen tumor. Hers didn’t suddenly rupture, it just leaked and caused her to become anemic. The vet suspected that was the culprit, and said we’d need emergency surgery at a place that can do blood transfusions. That would have cost $8-10,000 for my 14.5 year old dog, so I declined. She was able to have another two weeks or so with a good quality of life before she lost blood cells much to quickly for the new ones she was making and I had to let her go. Like you, I had an emergency back-up dog to hug and cry on.

2 Likes

I just saw this thread. I’m so sorry for you and Panda. :cry:

1 Like

I’m so sorry. We all know how heartbreaking it is to lose a loved companion. Grief is the price we pay for the years of happiness they give us.

I really wish that dogs had a human lifespan…Hang in there Countrygirl.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. It definitely hurts a lot