Unlimited access >

Preferred Show Bridle?

[QUOTE=BAC;6991007]
I don’t know why some of you are saying Edgewoods might be too overwhelming for your horsr’s heads. Edgewood comes in more styles than probably any other bridle except Hadfields. Their raised unpadded bridle is a classic its very refined and narrow. And you might be surprised how attractive Edgewood’s wide nose band looks on the smaller heads.[/QUOTE]

You nailed it. You can mix and match just about anything with an Edgewood and the quality is hard to find in other brands of bridles.

I have Edgewoods that I use everyday and they are well over 10 years old. They’ve held up beautifully with minimal care. That’s good leather…you get what you pay for.

I love my Pessoa figure 8! I’m sure the other Pessoa bridles are really great too!

For a smaller budget I like the Harwich bridles. But I have noticed that the quality of the leather varies between bridles. They are nice enough to show in if oiled up properly.

For a higher end bridle Edgewood or Vespucci hands down. IMO you can’t beat broken in/oiled Edgewood reins!! I just purchased two Vespucci bridles and love the slim and padded mono-crown. It doesn’t have the noseband strap go over the top of the crown which I think looks much better than other mono-crown bridles.

I have two Bobby’s bridles (one pony, one horse) and while I like them the leather, even oiled, is more stiff. They are nice bridles as well but I would buy Edgewood or Vespucci over them unless it was a steal of a deal.

[QUOTE=BAC;6991007]
I don’t know why some of you are saying Edgewoods might be too overwhelming for your horsr’s heads. Edgewood comes in more styles than probably any other bridle except Hadfields. Their raised unpadded bridle is a classic its very refined and narrow. And you might be surprised how attractive Edgewood’s wide nose band looks on the smaller heads.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that! I was thinking that the wide unpadded noseband looks quite nice on smaller heads. From what I’m hearing, an edgewood is what I’ll be going with.

[QUOTE=Aerix;6991404]
Thanks for that! I was thinking that the wide unpadded noseband looks quite nice on smaller heads. From what I’m hearing, an edgewood is what I’ll be going with.[/QUOTE]

You won’t be sorry if you go with Edgewood, I love them although I would also recommend Hadfields and Antares. And you can buy Edgewood pieces individually so you can mix and match nosebands, etc. I found good prices for Edgewood at LaurensTackTrunk.com - she has a FB page too. You can find Edgewood seconds on ebay too with just very minor, almost unnoticeable blemishes that don’t effect the use of the bridle at all.