Unlimited access >

QH Bush tracks

Watched the video finally, and no surprise… the track a mile from me is associated with the track featured in the video.

That sucks. The report mentioned that they shut one down in Colorado. I wonder how they managed that?

speaking of similar. Whatever happened to those unregulated races that were happening at real tracks in Florida? Does anyone know. I may have to google.

1 Like

The bush tracks are certainly no improvement over the “regular” quarter horse tracks. I know this article is old but it still stands

Death and Disarray at America’s Racetracks - NYTimes.com

As far as the cartels - imho they have ruined completely something that was already teetering on the edge of respectability
A True Tale of Drug Cartels, Money Laundering and Horse Racing - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Equine Crime: A Horse Farm of a Different Color — FBI

The Rookie and the Zetas: How the Feds Took Down a Drug Cartel’s Horse-Racing Empire | Unfair Park | Dallas | Dallas Observer | The Leading Independent News Source in Dallas, Texas

Or just read
Amazon.com: Bones: Brothers, Horses, Cartels, and the Borderland Dream eBook : Tone, Joe: Kindle Store

2 Likes

JFC :sob: That is the worst thing I have ever seen. I had to stop watching.

2 Likes

These are not exactly professional jockeys, many are just kids and like those caring for the horses at these under the table “sporting events” , may not have a choice but do as they are told,

Cartels traffic more then drugs and dirty money. Research it. Shocking.

2 Likes

Are we local to each other? I was musing to DH about dressing up as idiot horse lovers and going to watch. Next race day is 8. 20

1 Like

Thank you for those links. Heartbreaking, but we need to know.

1 Like

Ugh. I’m afraid you’re probably right.

I live further south now, down by Pensacola. I lived up by Tuscaloosa for years

1 Like

Oh dear god!!! I couldn’t even finish the video.

Why are we not locking up and punishing this morons for animal abuse?

I loathe PETA but this is mind blowing awful.

2 Likes